Introduce yourself!

Hi All

Bass player at heart here but started late, just bought my first electric guitar yesterday.
Firstly, My daughter (14yo) started to learn acoustic guitar (mainly online) so I thought that helping her and showing her stuff would be easily done with me on guitar as well, rather than on a bass.
And secondly, this will greatly help me understanding what the guitar players, in the bands I'm in, are playing.
So after lot of thoughts whether I'd go acoustic or electric, I've settled on the latter (quieter at nights). Now, since I'm a bass player with big hands & fingers, I needed something with a large neck.
Between a telecaster and a PRS, the PRS won.
Very comfortable, wider neck than a P-bass (at the nut)!! Beautiful and great sounding (without any effects).
Since uploads are not available (and links too), it's the PRS SE Zach Myers.

Great to meet everyone.
Raphael

Hi all,

I caught the PRS bug a couple months ago, and ordered my first one today... it's a brand new Core Series Paul's Guitar in McCarty Burst.

I've played guitar most of my life, but only got into electric guitars about 12 years ago when I bought my first Telecaster. I mostly play Les Pauls these days, but I'm really stoked about my new PRS and can't wait to get my hands on it! A big thanks to Zach at Chicago Music Exchange for making it happen.

Hi all,

I caught the PRS bug a couple months ago, and ordered my first one today... it's a brand new Core Series Paul's Guitar in McCarty Burst.

I've played guitar most of my life, but only got into electric guitars about 12 years ago when I bought my first Telecaster. I mostly play Les Pauls these days, but I'm really stoked about my new PRS and can't wait to get my hands on it! A big thanks to Zach at Chicago Music Exchange for making it happen.

Hi slater529, welcome to the forum!
That's a GREAT first choice in PRS! I doubt it will be your last. My buddy has a Paul's, and I lust after it every time I play it. Be sure to post up some pics in the electric instruments section once it arrives.

Howdy! Stumbled on the forum looking for bias settings for my Custom 50 and I've been reading all weekend.
I've been playing for 30 years, cycling through a bevy of guitars and feel like I've finally found the holy grails.
I have a McCarty 594, a Tremonti, an SC58 and a 57/08 SC245 that I feel like was literally built for me. I also have the aforementioned Custom 50.

Look forward to sharing with others who share my affliction for PRS consumption.

Hey, everybody. I'm Joe. Been playing on and off since around 1986 when I was 14 (I still suck at it lol). I've always wanted a PRS, finally picked one up. Got a 1997 CE24 from Reverb that arrived today. The original pickups were long gone and swapped with a Duncan Pearly Gates set, and the winged tuners were also replaced with the newer PRS model, but the old ones are in the case. Since blue is my favorite color, I couldn't pass it up. It's Royal Blue (which, of course, has faded into a grayish blue like a lot of their blues tend to do.) I really like the fade, though. and the flame top is great. :)
Anyone know what size truss rod wrench this takes and what size allen wrench I'll need for the trem?

Thanks, guys. I'm really enjoying the W/T neck shape. I now need to get a set of 10s on it instead of the 9s on it now, then I'll be in business.

Hi I'm Alan. I'm new to guitars. New to PRS. I guess I fall in that category of using the time afforded by covid to learn guitar. Love classic rock and have always wanted to try to play. Trying to figure out at a later stage in life!
Nice to meet ya, Alan.
Never too late for guitar.

Greetings and salutations from upstate NY. Long time player, short time PRS owner here. Tried them in the 90s and early 2000s, but just didn't bond. Then i got "the one". DGT Artist package with rosewood neck and Brazilian fretboard. Best playing and sounding guitar i have ever owned. Thank you to Paul and the staff for building such wonderfully inspiring instruments!

Greetings and salutations from upstate NY. Long time player, short time PRS owner here. Tried them in the 90s and early 2000s, but just didn't bond. Then i got "the one". DGT Artist package with rosewood neck and Brazilian fretboard. Best playing and sounding guitar i have ever owned. Thank you to Paul and the staff for building such wonderfully inspiring instruments!
Welcome to the forum. That’s a great sounding guitar. Glad you found one to bond with.

I should probably introduce myself. I've been reading these forums for a few years, but only just recent got my first PRS. A 1989 CE24 in transparent red with what appear to be the original Standard pickups in it. I've been playing moderately for the past 6 or 7 years with an acoustic and a couple of other electrics. Looking forward to learning more about PRS and about this CE24.

I should probably introduce myself. I've been reading these forums for a few years, but only just recent got my first PRS. A 1989 CE24 in transparent red with what appear to be the original Standard pickups in it. I've been playing moderately for the past 6 or 7 years with an acoustic and a couple of other electrics. Looking forward to learning more about PRS and about this CE24.
Welcome, Dicey.
We gotta see that CE!

Back