Introduce yourself!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guitargonish, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Kmldaddy

Kmldaddy New Member

Hello everyone! I’m a new owner of a 2012 Custom 22 SE Semi-Hollow. I’ve been playing guitar for many years now, I think 8th grade? And I’m 34 now. But to be honest I’m not very good. I’ve owned a lot of low end guitars along the way. I’ve always wanted a PRS ever since I walked into a guitar center when I was younger and played an early version of the Santana SE. I fell in love with the sound, the sustain, and the feel of the neck right off the bat. As a kid I knew I was never able to afford something so elegant. As the years passed guitars have come and gone and at one point all I had was an old Stella parlor acoustic. I just recently started playing the guitar again these past few years and have mainly stuck to acoustic guitars. Just felt like I have grown out of the punk rocker stage with high gain and lots of distortion. Walked into guitar center to return something and this beauty PRS custom 22 semi hollow caught my eye. It was used with upgraded Grover locking tuners and SD pups. I picked it up, played it unplugged and it all came back to me as of why I loved the feel of these guitars. An employee asked me if I wanted to plug it in to hear it and I declined. I said if I plug it in and hear it I’m buying it today. So I left leaving the guitar behind. Went home and told my girlfriend about the guitar and how amazing it felt in my hands. Well.... that night she comes home with a surprise. My very first PRS and I love it.
    Sorry for the book I just wrote hahaha.

Wakester, Bach88s, alantig and 2 others like this.
  2. Alnus Rubra

Alnus Rubra Loving nature’s wonders

Congratulations and welcome. What a cool girl you have, never let her go!

Kmldaddy likes this.
  3. Bach88s

Bach88s New Member

Welcome, I just joined as well a few days ago.

4. Bookface

Bookface New Member

Hi everyone! I’ve actually stumbled on this forum via the Private Stock Friday thread when looking at ideas for speccing out a PS of my own. I had a custom 24 that I bought in 2004 that I sold in order to go traveling. At the time it was a logical decision, but in the last few years I’ve really regretted it. My father in law actually bought me a singlecut SE a few years ago on hearing this story. Recently I bought a custom shop strat, and was looking at the PRS’s in the shop. I don’t love any of the modern ones, hence the venture towards private stock. I’m looking forward to talking with you all!

5. CandidPicker

CandidPicker Open-Ears / Zippered Lips

Welcome! It's a big step, but you'll love the results...

6. Christian

Christian New Member

Hello all,
    I'm Christian and have been playing for about 12 years. My dad tried to introduce guitars to me when I was very young when he bought me a mini squier when I was 6 and I never touched it. Fast forward to when I was 14, I heard living dead girl by Rob Zombie and wanted to learn it. After that I was hooked. I played my dads Jackson until he got me a Tremonti SE for one of my birthdays and that was my introduction to PRS. Since then, Ive added a USA Tremonti, and am on the hunt for a '92 CE-24 or CU-24 because how cool would it be to have a guitar as old as you!? I play almost everything really. I have a 7-string LTD that I play heavy stuff when I feel the urge, mostly play rock/alternative as Mark Tremonti and Erik Friedman would be my biggest influences. I also have a Acoustic SE Angelus that I play most often, and in the past 3 years have been gravitating into the classical guitar realm.

I look forward to getting to know you guys and gals!

#3086 Christian, Nov 3, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    Wakester, DISTORT6 and Alnus Rubra like this.
  7. Christian

Christian New Member

Hello Dino,
    That '86 is a beauty. The sentimental value of that guitar makes is so unique and priceless.

8. Alnus Rubra

Alnus Rubra Loving nature’s wonders

Welcome Christian, cool introduction :D

DISTORT6 and Christian like this.
  9. DISTORT6

DISTORT6 NJ Devil

From Jackson’s to PRS.
    Same here. Except it was in 1994 for me! :)
    Welcome. The more heavy players, the better!

Christian and Alnus Rubra like this.
  10. Gurdybloke

Gurdybloke John M

Hi All,

I'm new to the world of PRS and have dipped my feet in the water recently by purchasing a 35th anniversary SE Custom 24 in blue. I'm from the UK, originally from London but now live in Leicester which is about 100m north of London. I'm in my 50s and have been playing for over 40 years, first -and still - on bass but also guitar and various other folk instruments; and yes I also have a hurdy gurdy! I've mainly played Fenders (although have a very nice Yamaha SG) but have always admired PRS and have finally got around to getting one. I've got to say that I'm extremely impressed with the build quality as well as the great tones - you really can cover everything with it, even the folk/roots end of things. In fact I'm so impressed I've managed to stump up the cash to purchase a core Custom 24 in antique violin smokeburst (I think it's from 2018/9 and is on a special deal) and await delivery!

I look forward to jamming/gigging with them once all this is over (we're in lockdown again over here), but glad to have joined the forum!

11. DISTORT6

DISTORT6 NJ Devil

Welcome!
    1st post AND with an avatar! AWESOME!

Alnus Rubra and veinbuster like this.
  12. Gurdybloke

Gurdybloke John M

Thanks! I'm not very good with tech, and usually people get a picture of our cat, though I thought I'd give it a go!

Alnus Rubra and DISTORT6 like this.
  13. DISTORT6

DISTORT6 NJ Devil

Oh, I totally get it!
    I keep adjusting these rabbit-ears to get a better wi-fi signal! :p:D

Alnus Rubra likes this.
  14. Gurdybloke

Gurdybloke John M

15. DeafGryphon

DeafGryphon New Member

Good morning/afternoon everyone,
    Just wished to say a kind hello, as I am a new guitarist at the tender age of 53.

I have always liked music, namely rock and blues.

Since 2012 I have been retired from truck driving due to ill health and being disabled. I was in a depressive rut and my loving wife had surprised me with a guitar, a Jackson JS11 in bright white, along with Rocksmith for my Xbox1s as an early birthday gift, and I’m hooked. However, I have taken time off due to the passing of my mother last year.

I now have attained the goal of playing badly to a few songs in Rocksmith, but expanding my library into CustomsForge and my Apple MacBook Air.

Since I am awaiting my retirement pay from my SSDI, I am eyeballing a nice PRS guitar in the near future. And since the PRS a factory is only a few hours south of me, I will plan a tour and a purchase from the factory.

is it feasible to buy a guitar online and have it shipped to the factory there in MD, and have it signed by some of the employees? And what about Covid?

My apologies about owning another brand of guitar, but I promise I will emigrate to a PRS as soon as I can...

Cheers,
    DeafGryphon <><

16. veinbuster

veinbuster Zombie Three, DFZ

Welcome to the forum.

I believe all factory tours are cancelled due to Covid.

I haven’t heard of a guitar being shipped to the factory for signatures, but check with your favourite dealer. I would just get the guitar of my choice and plan to go to a future PRS Experience to get the backplate signed.

Alnus Rubra, DeafGryphon and DougUSMC like this.
  17. alantig

alantig Zombie Four, DFZ

What VB said - go to Experience and get a backplate or two. Become a Signature Club member (all the cool kids do it) and you get a chance to have PRSh sign it.

And the only time you can buy a guitar at the factory is at Experience from a dealer.

Welcome!

Alnus Rubra, DeafGryphon and DougUSMC like this.
  18. DougUSMC

DougUSMC Perpetual Practicer

Agreed. I've head that he'll sign anything that came from his company, and never seen it not true.

DeafGryphon likes this.
  19. littlewing24

littlewing24 New Member

Wats up? My name is Keith and I grew up in SoCal (USA) during the classic rock era. I play for fun on my Gibson ES-150 and MIM Strat, now looking seriously to dip into the PRS world. A pre-2000 Custom 22 or 24 is on my radar, but am just a novice when it comes to honing in on all the different models/electronics/hdwr options. Looking forward to learning more on this forum.

Alnus Rubra and DISTORT6 like this.
  20. veinbuster

veinbuster Zombie Three, DFZ

Welcome to the forum littlewing24