Introduce yourself!

Hi everyone! I’ve actually stumbled on this forum via the Private Stock Friday thread when looking at ideas for speccing out a PS of my own. I had a custom 24 that I bought in 2004 that I sold in order to go traveling. At the time it was a logical decision, but in the last few years I’ve really regretted it. My father in law actually bought me a singlecut SE a few years ago on hearing this story. Recently I bought a custom shop strat, and was looking at the PRS’s in the shop. I don’t love any of the modern ones, hence the venture towards private stock. I’m looking forward to talking with you all!

Hello all,
I'm Christian and have been playing for about 12 years. My dad tried to introduce guitars to me when I was very young when he bought me a mini squier when I was 6 and I never touched it. Fast forward to when I was 14, I heard living dead girl by Rob Zombie and wanted to learn it. After that I was hooked. I played my dads Jackson until he got me a Tremonti SE for one of my birthdays and that was my introduction to PRS. Since then, Ive added a USA Tremonti, and am on the hunt for a '92 CE-24 or CU-24 because how cool would it be to have a guitar as old as you!? I play almost everything really. I have a 7-string LTD that I play heavy stuff when I feel the urge, mostly play rock/alternative as Mark Tremonti and Erik Friedman would be my biggest influences. I also have a Acoustic SE Angelus that I play most often, and in the past 3 years have been gravitating into the classical guitar realm.

I look forward to getting to know you guys and gals!

Last edited:
My name is Dino and I just joined the forum.
I am the proud owner of a 1986 Custom 24.
My dad bought the guitar new from Washington Music Center.
The guitar is unique in that it has a one piece top and a tone control in place of the "sweet switch".
The story goes, it was a "special order" for a customer who had cancelled the order.
I'm not sure if that's true or not. It may possibly be an "employee guitar". I don't know.

My dad had cancer and passed away 5 years ago, but he gave this guitar to me a couple years before he passed because he said he wanted to be around to see me enjoy it. I've since bought several PRS guitars, but this one not only has that early PRS "mojo", plays and sounds incredible ... but it's very special to me just because it was my dads. My dad and I also took a tour of the PRS factory when they were still in Annapolis. What an AWESOME experience!

Anyway ... I was a member of "Birds and Moons" many years ago, but I guess that site is long gone now.
I look forward to meeting new people here and maybe learning more about PRS!

86CustomTopa.jpg

Hello Dino,
That '86 is a beauty. The sentimental value of that guitar makes is so unique and priceless.

Hello all,
I'm Christian and have been playing for about 12 years. My dad tried to introduce guitars to me when I was very young when he bought me a mini squier when I was 6 and I never touched it. Fast forward to when I was 14, I heard living dead girl by Rob Zombie and wanted to learn it. After that I was hooked. I played my dads Jackson until he got me a Tremonti SE for one of my birthdays and that was my introduction to PRS. Since then, Ive added a USA Tremonti, and am on the hunt for a '92 CE-24 or CU-24 because how cool would it be to have a guitar as old as you!? I play almost everything really. I have a 7-string LTD that I play heavy stuff when I feel the urge, mostly play rock/alternative as Mark Tremonti and Erik Friedman would be my biggest influences. I also have a Acoustic SE Angelus that I play most often, and in the past 3 years have been gravitating into the classical guitar realm.

Welcome Christian, cool introduction :D

Hello all,

From Jackson’s to PRS.
Same here. Except it was in 1994 for me! :)
Welcome. The more heavy players, the better!

Hi All,

I'm new to the world of PRS and have dipped my feet in the water recently by purchasing a 35th anniversary SE Custom 24 in blue. I'm from the UK, originally from London but now live in Leicester which is about 100m north of London. I'm in my 50s and have been playing for over 40 years, first -and still - on bass but also guitar and various other folk instruments; and yes I also have a hurdy gurdy! I've mainly played Fenders (although have a very nice Yamaha SG) but have always admired PRS and have finally got around to getting one. I've got to say that I'm extremely impressed with the build quality as well as the great tones - you really can cover everything with it, even the folk/roots end of things. In fact I'm so impressed I've managed to stump up the cash to purchase a core Custom 24 in antique violin smokeburst (I think it's from 2018/9 and is on a special deal) and await delivery!

I look forward to jamming/gigging with them once all this is over (we're in lockdown again over here), but glad to have joined the forum!

Hi All,

I'm new to the world of PRS and have dipped my feet in the water recently by purchasing a 35th anniversary SE Custom 24 in blue. I'm from the UK, originally from London but now live in Leicester which is about 100m north of London. I'm in my 50s and have been playing for over 40 years, first -and still - on bass but also guitar and various other folk instruments; and yes I also have a hurdy gurdy! I've mainly played Fenders (although have a very nice Yamaha SG) but have always admired PRS and have finally got around to getting one. I've got to say that I'm extremely impressed with the build quality as well as the great tones - you really can cover everything with it, even the folk/roots end of things. In fact I'm so impressed I've managed to stump up the cash to purchase a core Custom 24 in antique violin smokeburst (I think it's from 2018/9 and is on a special deal) and await delivery!

I look forward to jamming/gigging with them once all this is over (we're in lockdown again over here), but glad to have joined the forum!
Welcome!
1st post AND with an avatar! AWESOME!

Good morning/afternoon everyone,
Just wished to say a kind hello, as I am a new guitarist at the tender age of 53.

I have always liked music, namely rock and blues.

Since 2012 I have been retired from truck driving due to ill health and being disabled. I was in a depressive rut and my loving wife had surprised me with a guitar, a Jackson JS11 in bright white, along with Rocksmith for my Xbox1s as an early birthday gift, and I’m hooked. However, I have taken time off due to the passing of my mother last year.

I now have attained the goal of playing badly to a few songs in Rocksmith, but expanding my library into CustomsForge and my Apple MacBook Air.

Since I am awaiting my retirement pay from my SSDI, I am eyeballing a nice PRS guitar in the near future. And since the PRS a factory is only a few hours south of me, I will plan a tour and a purchase from the factory.

is it feasible to buy a guitar online and have it shipped to the factory there in MD, and have it signed by some of the employees? And what about Covid?

My apologies about owning another brand of guitar, but I promise I will emigrate to a PRS as soon as I can...

Cheers,
DeafGryphon <><

What VB said - go to Experience and get a backplate or two. Become a Signature Club member (all the cool kids do it) and you get a chance to have PRSh sign it.

And the only time you can buy a guitar at the factory is at Experience from a dealer.

Welcome!

What VB said - go to Experience and get a backplate or two. Become a Signature Club member (all the cool kids do it) and you get a chance to have PRSh sign it.

Agreed. I've head that he'll sign anything that came from his company, and never seen it not true.

Wats up? My name is Keith and I grew up in SoCal (USA) during the classic rock era. I play for fun on my Gibson ES-150 and MIM Strat, now looking seriously to dip into the PRS world. A pre-2000 Custom 22 or 24 is on my radar, but am just a novice when it comes to honing in on all the different models/electronics/hdwr options. Looking forward to learning more on this forum.

Wats up? My name is Keith and I grew up in SoCal (USA) during the classic rock era. I play for fun on my Gibson ES-150 and MIM Strat, now looking seriously to dip into the PRS world. A pre-2000 Custom 22 or 24 is on my radar, but am just a novice when it comes to honing in on all the different models/electronics/hdwr options. Looking forward to learning more on this forum.
Welcome Keith! Any particular color pre-2000 22 or 24 your looking for?

Hi all, been around on other forum while and am pretty responsive as like to contribute as it’s not really helping anyone if everyone just looks and no one posts them you soon end up with very little to look at.
I’ve currently got 26 guitars ranging from $5k to $50 and got my first Custom 24 SE a couple months back. I’m going to need some advice on that soon as it plays awesome sounds great but I have a couple of tiny things niggle away at me and forcing me to ask if I’ve bought a fake but I’ll get to that next
Great to meet you all
John

Hi all, been around on other forum while and am pretty responsive as like to contribute as it’s not really helping anyone if everyone just looks and no one posts them you soon end up with very little to look at.
I’ve currently got 26 guitars ranging from $5k to $50 and got my first Custom 24 SE a couple months back. I’m going to need some advice on that soon as it plays awesome sounds great but I have a couple of tiny things niggle away at me and forcing me to ask if I’ve bought a fake but I’ll get to that next
Great to meet you all
John

Hello and welcome

Back