Introduce yourself!

Any chance we can post them off of our Google Cloud storage? My phones back them up automatically there. I don't really have the time to fool around with Photo sites. That's so last century.

As far as hosting photos these days go, practically everyone has tons of cloud storage. I simply can't believe a company as solid financially as PRS doesn't have a zillion gigs of storage on account.

So, am I entitled? I buy a lot of nice guitars from PRS. I should be able to post pics of them here EASILY and without having to jump through any hoops. For what it's worth, I noticed just scrolling through the forum that at least 25% of posted pics are no longer available, and many of the rest won't display on tablets or various cell phones. So, maybe the powers that be need to rethink this whole photo thing. I certainly wouldn't mind some advertising to cover this, if indeed our host is truly so indigent, because this issue is already getting on my nerves. I have quit forums before for less. Plenty of PRS pages elsewhere.
welcome to the fourms Karen!

Any chance we can post them off of our Google Cloud storage? My phones back them up automatically there. I don't really have the time to fool around with Photo sites. That's so last century.

As far as hosting photos these days go, practically everyone has tons of cloud storage. I simply can't believe a company as solid financially as PRS doesn't have a zillion gigs of storage on account.

So, am I entitled? I buy a lot of nice guitars from PRS. I should be able to post pics of them here EASILY and without having to jump through any hoops. For what it's worth, I noticed just scrolling through the forum that at least 25% of posted pics are no longer available, and many of the rest won't display on tablets or various cell phones. So, maybe the powers that be need to rethink this whole photo thing. I certainly wouldn't mind some advertising to cover this, if indeed our host is truly so indigent, because this issue is already getting on my nerves. I have quit forums before for less. Plenty of PRS pages elsewhere.
Dude, it IS easy. You’re probably torqued off there’s no Buy/SellTrade section here either. Chill

Hello to all,

My name is Dan and I've been playing the guitar for 40 or so years. I'm a weekend warrior playing classic rock/blues and a devoted PRS player since the late 90's. Over the last couple years, I've been adding more jazz influences to my playing as a result of completing a guitar program at Berklee. I currently own 7 (6 Core, 1 SE) PRS guitars. They are: two Custom 24's, P22, CE-24, Silver Sky, Tremonti and last but certainly not least... an A60E acoustic. I've owned a total of 13 PRS guitars since the 90's with my favorite being a Hollowbody II that I regretfully sold a couple years ago. I've been to several of the Experiences and will be there in May and hope to bring home a 594. For amplification, I have a pair of custom Mesa Express 5:50 Plus 1 X 12 combo's. This is plenty for the gigging I do on the coast of North Carolina where I live. I'm currently looking for an amp for the A60E and have my eye on the Mesa Rosette to add to the herd. My most recent acquisition is a 2019 Tremonti with a trem that was left under the Christmas tree this past year. I've been spending most of my time lately playing this one. Looking forwards to meeting new folks and glad to be a part of the PRS family!

Hello to all,

My name is Dan and I've been playing the guitar for 40 or so years. I'm a weekend warrior playing classic rock/blues and a devoted PRS player since the late 90's. Over the last couple years, I've been adding more jazz influences to my playing as a result of completing a guitar program at Berklee. I currently own 7 (6 Core, 1 SE) PRS guitars. They are: two Custom 24's, P22, CE-24, Silver Sky, Tremonti and last but certainly not least... an A60E acoustic. I've owned a total of 13 PRS guitars since the 90's with my favorite being a Hollowbody II that I regretfully sold a couple years ago. I've been to several of the Experiences and will be there in May and hope to bring home a 594. For amplification, I have a pair of custom Mesa Express 5:50 Plus 1 X 12 combo's. This is plenty for the gigging I do on the coast of North Carolina where I live. I'm currently looking for an amp for the A60E and have my eye on the Mesa Rosette to add to the herd. My most recent acquisition is a 2019 Tremonti with a trem that was left under the Christmas tree this past year. I've been spending most of my time lately playing this one. Looking forwards to meeting new folks and glad to be a part of the PRS family!
Welcome, Dan!

welcome to the fourms Karen!
Dude, it IS easy. You’re probably torqued off there’s no Buy/SellTrade section here either. Chill

I'm gonna have to post this as a blanket response to not only yours but any of the others to my post about posting pictures from Google storage:

I don't know any of the people any of you think I am. I don't understand some of the references made either. I made a point of getting out of joining forums a few years ago, and your responses show exactly why. Oh, and my name is not Karen either. In any case, this was all the reminder I needed to again avoid forums, except for the most basic info searches. Your responses are pathetic, your behavior immature and generally nasty. I am so out of this place. Maryland gets a phone call about this before week's end.

My father gave me his Korean PRS which ive been in love with since the day hew got it. Really cool he gave it to me, it was his first guitar he bought, year or 2 ago, then he went batshit collecting guitars, i think he has 12 telecasters alone. funny part is hes a lifetime drummer, can barely play guitar (im a bass player in the same boad). its so nice playing a guitar where you can actually fret EVERY noe, stays in tune, an just feels perfect. well, howdy.

OH, i plan to try to find used usa pickups and hardware and such

I'm gonna have to post this as a blanket response to not only yours but any of the others to my post about posting pictures from Google storage:

I don't know any of the people any of you think I am. I don't understand some of the references made either. I made a point of getting out of joining forums a few years ago, and your responses show exactly why. Oh, and my name is not Karen either. In any case, this was all the reminder I needed to again avoid forums, except for the most basic info searches. Your responses are pathetic, your behavior immature and generally nasty. I am so out of this place. Maryland gets a phone call about this before week's end.

I do believe our behavior is generally specifically nasty so as not make grand assumptions. And immature? Please - we're also sarcastic, witty, presumably witty, falsely witty, wittily false, obtuse, obese, irreverent, irrelevant, and rear elephants. It's generally good etiquette to get the feel of a forum before you go guns a-blazin' after an established community, or you'd have known all this about us before you posted.

You got a couple helpful answers, Not Karen, somewhat tinged with humor, but you didn't get the answer you wanted. When you made that clear, the answers became less helpful because it was clear you didn't want help, you wanted your way. PRS was gracious enough to build us this forum - it's their house to run as they see fit. Hosting pics on a third-party site is hardly difficult, and this is not the only forum that does it this way.

Oh, and before you call - it's actually Marilyn who's the customer service rep in IT. Her name just sounds like the state. And if you think we're bad, just wait until you get her on the phone. Boy howdy, are you in for a surprise!

Last edited:

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Hey. I've been posting here for a couple weeks since picking up a new McCarty 594.

1bBKF1um.jpg

I'm a general business, jobbing guitarist. Details here:
http://www.danskidmore.com/events.html

Hi, I'm Alex.

For some reason I forgot I joined this forum several years ago, when I bought my first PRS. I recently rewired my S2 with some USA pickups and found some useful tips here for deciphering wire coloring without have to crack out the multi-meter. This forum has really taken off! I hope to actually make myself part of it.

It's only polite to introduce ones self

And so I will.
I'll leave the name and job stuff for the sig.
I bought my first PRS used in 1988 or so, a Std24. I had heard of these, and got lucky enough to find one. Wish I still had it, but I sold it to buy a Super 400...
I play Klein guitars a lot. I have three. I know Lorenzo German pretty well. (Please, if you're one of his former customers, don't ask me to help you get your guitar that you ordered way back there, I have one on order too.). I try to keep my GAS disease under control, but guitars are tax write offs for me, so it's pretty easy to justify them.
After years of looking at them again, I bought a Hollowbody Spruce from Brian Meader when he was still at Washington Music Center near DC, three years ago. Then I bought a Studio from him last year. I love that too. It sounds different, and I like that. I want a P22.
I play jazz. Not much rock and roll. But I do like to get a variety of sounds from a guitar, and these do it.
I really admire PRSh's drive to make a really good instrument. I've never met him, but I'd like to. He seems to be just a bit obsessed about making things as good as he can, and I really like that.
My job is in the Maritime provinces of Canada, and there's not much available. I'd like to try one of the new amps, but there aren't any near me there.
Guitars are more fun than just about anything else.
I'm in.
Hi there! Nice to meet you and I too am new as well

Hi.

I'm Jeremy, I live in France, I'm 48.
I used to buy and sell many electric guitars but also acoutics (Martin, MJ Franks..), I own a PRS SE, a Fender strat us deluxe.
I really had a revelation in 1994, when I played for the first time a PRS custom 24 : wow, what a guitar...
I was a student at this time, ans wasn't able to afford such a guitar.
Later, I had the money, but I prefered a luthier's guitar, instead buying a PRS...

About 5 years ago, I had the opportunity to buy a used PRS SE. Maybe a 2007 model, with a flat top.*
It feels and sounds good. But I miss the carved top, and all the emotion opf a US model.
So i'm planning to buy soon a PRS US. Core or CE, I'm not yet decided.
It will be a used one.
Let's start the hunt !

Back