Introduce yourself!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guitargonish, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Black Plaid

Black Plaid just another Alan

Google prohibits you from using your cloud storage for sharing photos on third party sites, what does that say?

It's not the storage, it's the bandwidth.

User generated content can also be a liability, that's certainly something that PRS isn't going to want to hire a full time team to ensure.

They don't even have the resources to update this software.

I know it's not ideal, and even a high barrier for entry for some, but that's what was agreed when they kindly agreed to host this for the community. This site us for us, not for PRS, and yet they are footing the bill. That's more than generous in my book.

2. DougUSMC

DougUSMC Perpetual Practicer

That's exactly what I was thinking a couple of days ago!

I was just waiting for him to start bullying someone, then we'd have enough proof to indict.

3. RickP

RickP Established 1960, Still Not Dead

Got to use my first Ignorinator. Took much longer than on other sites. Keep the positivity going, brethren!

4. Alnus Rubra

Alnus Rubra Loving nature’s wonders

“I am very happy to be here!”

bodia and Ryan Murphy like this.
  5. Ryan Murphy

Ryan Murphy Stares at bright lights

welcome to the fourms Karen!

Black Plaid and bodia like this.
  6. Mark Cochrane

Mark Cochrane New Member

Hey there....new guy from Chicagoland here.

Ryan Murphy and Black Plaid like this.
  7. Alnus Rubra

Hi Mark and welcome

Black Plaid and bodia like this.
  8. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

Dude, it IS easy. You’re probably torqued off there’s no Buy/SellTrade section here either. Chill

9. Bluzen

Bluzen New Member

Hello to all,

My name is Dan and I've been playing the guitar for 40 or so years. I'm a weekend warrior playing classic rock/blues and a devoted PRS player since the late 90's. Over the last couple years, I've been adding more jazz influences to my playing as a result of completing a guitar program at Berklee. I currently own 7 (6 Core, 1 SE) PRS guitars. They are: two Custom 24's, P22, CE-24, Silver Sky, Tremonti and last but certainly not least... an A60E acoustic. I've owned a total of 13 PRS guitars since the 90's with my favorite being a Hollowbody II that I regretfully sold a couple years ago. I've been to several of the Experiences and will be there in May and hope to bring home a 594. For amplification, I have a pair of custom Mesa Express 5:50 Plus 1 X 12 combo's. This is plenty for the gigging I do on the coast of North Carolina where I live. I'm currently looking for an amp for the A60E and have my eye on the Mesa Rosette to add to the herd. My most recent acquisition is a 2019 Tremonti with a trem that was left under the Christmas tree this past year. I've been spending most of my time lately playing this one. Looking forwards to meeting new folks and glad to be a part of the PRS family!

10. bodia

Welcome, Dan!

11. The Dragonator

The Dragonator New Member

I'm gonna have to post this as a blanket response to not only yours but any of the others to my post about posting pictures from Google storage:

I don't know any of the people any of you think I am. I don't understand some of the references made either. I made a point of getting out of joining forums a few years ago, and your responses show exactly why. Oh, and my name is not Karen either. In any case, this was all the reminder I needed to again avoid forums, except for the most basic info searches. Your responses are pathetic, your behavior immature and generally nasty. I am so out of this place. Maryland gets a phone call about this before week's end.

12. Oldschoolbass

Oldschoolbass New Member

My father gave me his Korean PRS which ive been in love with since the day hew got it. Really cool he gave it to me, it was his first guitar he bought, year or 2 ago, then he went batshit collecting guitars, i think he has 12 telecasters alone. funny part is hes a lifetime drummer, can barely play guitar (im a bass player in the same boad). its so nice playing a guitar where you can actually fret EVERY noe, stays in tune, an just feels perfect. well, howdy.

OH, i plan to try to find used usa pickups and hardware and such

RickP and dmatthews like this.
  13. alantig

alantig Zombie Four, DFZ

I do believe our behavior is generally specifically nasty so as not make grand assumptions. And immature? Please - we're also sarcastic, witty, presumably witty, falsely witty, wittily false, obtuse, obese, irreverent, irrelevant, and rear elephants. It's generally good etiquette to get the feel of a forum before you go guns a-blazin' after an established community, or you'd have known all this about us before you posted.

You got a couple helpful answers, Not Karen, somewhat tinged with humor, but you didn't get the answer you wanted. When you made that clear, the answers became less helpful because it was clear you didn't want help, you wanted your way. PRS was gracious enough to build us this forum - it's their house to run as they see fit. Hosting pics on a third-party site is hardly difficult, and this is not the only forum that does it this way.

Oh, and before you call - it's actually Marilyn who's the customer service rep in IT. Her name just sounds like the state. And if you think we're bad, just wait until you get her on the phone. Boy howdy, are you in for a surprise!

#2733 alantig, Mar 5, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  14. Warmart

Warmart Fani PRSi

And you can post images from Google Drive, I posted a simple how-to last year. Research a bit before flying off the handle and you wouldn't get any crap.

15. bodia

Pot. Kettle. Black.

RickP likes this.
  16. Nurk2

Nurk2 Should you be practicing right now?

RickP, bodia, Alnus Rubra and 2 others like this.
  17. jxe

jxe babe en der wood

should you NOT be practicing?

sweet hoodie.

Nurk2, Ryan Murphy and Alnus Rubra like this.
  18. Nurk2

Nurk2 Should you be practicing right now?

bodia, Ryan Murphy and Alnus Rubra like this.
  19. Alnus Rubra

Will it would like this?;)

bodia and Ryan Murphy like this.
  20. Vinterzun

Vinterzun New Member

Hi, I'm Alex.

For some reason I forgot I joined this forum several years ago, when I bought my first PRS. I recently rewired my S2 with some USA pickups and found some useful tips here for deciphering wire coloring without have to crack out the multi-meter. This forum has really taken off! I hope to actually make myself part of it.

veinbuster, Alnus Rubra and Wakester like this.