Introduce yourself!

Hey Ya'll, I'm Jason. Newbe here. I've been playing guitar for a little over 40 years. I've got so many guitars it should be illegal, at least my wife says it should. I just bought my first PRS the other day and it hasn't even arrived yet. I heard one played the other week and fell in love with the versatility of these guitars so I had to order one. anyways, just wanted to introduce myself.....

Hey Ya'll, I'm Jason. Newbe here. I've been playing guitar for a little over 40 years. I've got so many guitars it should be illegal, at least my wife says it should. I just bought my first PRS the other day and it hasn't even arrived yet. I heard one played the other week and fell in love with the versatility of these guitars so I had to order one. anyways, just wanted to introduce myself.....
Welcome to the forum.
Show us the new guitar when it arrives.

Been reading posts for a while, seeing what going on, finding bits of info and specs I was looking for, finally got around to signing up.

My PRS story is simple -- tried a few when they first appeared in my city, maybe '87? Thought they showed great promise but wasn't into V-ish necks and unsure of the pickups.

Saw the incredible innovations and growth of models over the years, meanwhile growing unhappy with the rising prices and sometimes spotty quality of the Big 2 US electrics makers.

On a lark, I bought an SE Tremonti signature in the Vintage (sort of caramel) color they don't offer any more. Got it right after that major upgrade to headstock/pickups on the SE line. Super well-made Korean guitars are okay with me ... but I was astounded just how fine all-over this Tremonti is.

Having put my toe in the PRS waters, I was hooked, and I now have a very lovely collection of true workhorse guitars -- a Private Stock Custom 24 in Kodiak burst, a white Custom 24, an Emerald Green McCarty double cut w/stoptail, an S2 Studio 22 wit h 3 cool pickups, two 594 SC, and lately got a deal on 3 Silver Sky. I have another on the ship right now, a Copperheadburst Custom 24 in nitro with the newer TCI 85/15, which I can't wait to try.

Yes, I have been busy since that SE. I don't do things halfway. When something is this good, incredible builds and quality control, I am all in. Will post pics when allowed and appropriate to whatever thread before long. Still getting caught up on topics right now.

How ya likin' your PRS guitars?

Hello everyone, I just picked up my first PRS and I absolutely love it! I can see why everyone is so fond of them.
Trampas green CE24 thanks to Sweetwater.

here it is... Can’t stop playing it
B9BC137A-F72D-45D8-9F73-8A9299AAFDC188464d4f0eda0d64.jpg

CF19198A-5EA7-46E4-A66E-7C070538441F2beb960deb952e56.jpg

Let me understand this -- I have tons of guitar photos on my PHONE, but I have to get a Photobucket Account and transfer them all there if I want to post them here?!?!

UH, I DON'T THINK SO! I don't put up with crap like this.

Let me understand this -- I have tons of guitar photos on my PHONE, but I have to get a Photobucket Account and transfer them all there if I want to post them here?!?!

There‘s imgur, a couple other hosting sites, hosting your own...

This forum has always been set up so they don’t have to host our pics.

You are coming off sounding a little entitled.

Do you see all these ads on this site?

Me either.

Hosting images is expensive. PRS is already incurring a cost by hosting this forum for us. Hosting images would be orders of magnitude more expensive.

Follow AlanTig's advice, use Imgur, you can do so without having to make an account.

I had a PRS custom 22 and 24, but foolishly sold them for Jacksons back in the day....could never afford a core again with how the prices keep going up.

You are coming off sounding a little entitled.

Do you see all these ads on this site?

Me either.

Hosting images is expensive. PRS is already incurring a cost by hosting this forum for us. Hosting images would be orders of magnitude more expensive.

Follow AlanTig's advice, use Imgur, you can do so without having to make an account.

Any chance we can post them off of our Google Cloud storage? My phones back them up automatically there. I don't really have the time to fool around with Photo sites. That's so last century.

As far as hosting photos these days go, practically everyone has tons of cloud storage. I simply can't believe a company as solid financially as PRS doesn't have a zillion gigs of storage on account.

So, am I entitled? I buy a lot of nice guitars from PRS. I should be able to post pics of them here EASILY and without having to jump through any hoops. For what it's worth, I noticed just scrolling through the forum that at least 25% of posted pics are no longer available, and many of the rest won't display on tablets or various cell phones. So, maybe the powers that be need to rethink this whole photo thing. I certainly wouldn't mind some advertising to cover this, if indeed our host is truly so indigent, because this issue is already getting on my nerves. I have quit forums before for less. Plenty of PRS pages elsewhere.

Any chance we can post them off of our Google Cloud storage? My phones back them up automatically there. I don't really have the time to fool around with Photo sites. That's so last century.

As far as hosting photos these days go, practically everyone has tons of cloud storage. I simply can't believe a company as solid financially as PRS doesn't have a zillion gigs of storage on account.

So, am I entitled? I buy a lot of nice guitars from PRS. I should be able to post pics of them here EASILY and without having to jump through any hoops. For what it's worth, I noticed just scrolling through the forum that at least 25% of posted pics are no longer available, and many of the rest won't display on tablets or various cell phones. So, maybe the powers that be need to rethink this whole photo thing. I certainly wouldn't mind some advertising to cover this, if indeed our host is truly so indigent, because this issue is already getting on my nerves. I have quit forums before for less. Plenty of PRS pages elsewhere.

“Dragonator” “Tremontinator”, same difference.

Google prohibits you from using your cloud storage for sharing photos on third party sites, what does that say?

It's not the storage, it's the bandwidth.

User generated content can also be a liability, that's certainly something that PRS isn't going to want to hire a full time team to ensure.

They don't even have the resources to update this software.

I know it's not ideal, and even a high barrier for entry for some, but that's what was agreed when they kindly agreed to host this for the community. This site us for us, not for PRS, and yet they are footing the bill. That's more than generous in my book.

Back