Introduce yourself!

I am right with you. I have owned a ce 22 (bolt on) and I currently have a se custom 24. Have you played any at a music shop?

I tried to play a used one at a Guitar Center (they had no new inventory) and they COULDN'T FIND IT. They asked me to wait while they looked for it and the guy never left the counter or called anyone to look for it (I waited 10 min). That turned me off of GC for good.

I tried to play a used one at a Guitar Center (they had no new inventory) and they COULDN'T FIND IT. They asked me to wait while they looked for it and the guy never left the counter or called anyone to look for it (I waited 10 min). That turned me off of GC for good.
For shame. I had not walked into a GC for at least 10 years until last spring. They selection was poor compared to the last time I visited. What sort of neck do you like or what guitars did you play previously?

Not sure if I’ll be of any help for necks intend to favor the pattern thin/wide thin option. For sake of camparison I don’t think I have large hands but I can palm a basketball if that helps. I haven’t really played any uncomfortable necks I just tend to like the wide thin option.

For shame. I had not walked into a GC for at least 10 years until last spring. They selection was poor compared to the last time I visited. What sort of neck do you like or what guitars did you play previously?
Not sure if I’ll be of any help for necks intend to favor the pattern thin/wide thin option. For sake of camparison I don’t think I have large hands but I can palm a basketball if that helps. I haven’t really played any uncomfortable necks I just tend to like the wide thin option.

My working guitar was a maple HSS strat back in the day, but I have played on SG's, Les Paul's, and tried a used/rusty PRS SC S2 the other day and that neck was amazing. My current guitar is a G&L Fallout Tribute and the neck on it isn't bad, but nothing that wow's me.

My working guitar was a maple HSS strat back in the day, but I have played on SG's, Les Paul's, and tried a used/rusty PRS SC S2 the other day and that neck was amazing. My current guitar is a G&L Fallout Tribute and the neck on it isn't bad, but nothing that wow's me.
I see. Well the crowd here is gonna tell you to buy everything lol. I don’t blame them PRS guitars are heavenly to me at least. I’m in the middle of a selection headache; the 35th anni S2 or the Se. my plan was to get a CE 24 then have PTC add the coil toggle. Not sure I’ll do that now.

I see. Well the crowd here is gonna tell you to buy everything lol. I don’t blame them PRS guitars are heavenly to me at least. I’m in the middle of a selection headache; the 35th anni S2 or the Se. my plan was to get a CE 24 then have PTC add the coil toggle. Not sure I’ll do that now.
Yeah I am stuck in my quest for versatility. I like the piezo options and the ones that offer single coil options, but I can't seem to find one that does both.

Yeah I am stuck in my quest for versatility. I like the piezo options and the ones that offer single coil options, but I can't seem to find one that does both.
The custom 24s with piezo do both. Well the single coil options are not one coil and are combinations of hum/and single. There are models that coil split but then they don’t have piezo.

Hi everyone. Just got my first PRS, a Whale Blue S2 Custom 24. Always liked them, and got an incredible price from CME, so couldn't pass it up. When I'm sticking to my day job, I'm directing TV shows up here in Central CT, or down here, or over here, depending on where you are. I self taught myself guitar (poorly) years ago, but last year I inherited my dad's '65 Mosrite Ventures guitar, so I committed to taking lessons. It's been a fun trip, and has turned into quite the obsession. A fun obsession, though! Look forward to meeting everyone.

Hi everyone. Just got my first PRS, a Whale Blue S2 Custom 24. Always liked them, and got an incredible price from CME, so couldn't pass it up. When I'm sticking to my day job, I'm directing TV shows up here in Central CT, or down here, or over here, depending on where you are. I self taught myself guitar (poorly) years ago, but last year I inherited my dad's '65 Mosrite Ventures guitar, so I committed to taking lessons. It's been a fun trip, and has turned into quite the obsession. A fun obsession, though! Look forward to meeting everyone.
Welcome!! And congratulations!!! You have just stepped into a much bigger world!!

Hello Fellow PRS Folk,

My name is Rick, and I’ve been playing guitar since the a Year of the Framp (1976). I first saw PRS guitars in the early 90s, but didn’t buy one until 2007. It was a grey black 513 that I eventually sold, regrettably. I’ve owned three since, and the two Brazilian neck 2007 models remain my #1 and #2 performing guitars. Which is which depends on the day! Obviously, I think it was a huge mistake to cease making the 513. Otherwise, it’s hard to argue with the quality of instruments that come out of Maryland!

I’ve also used a Mira P-90 that was a sweet (and light) guitar. My newest discovery is the McCarty 594, a guitar that is a better Les Paul than my actual Gibson LP Standard. That’s saying a lot, because that LP is a killer axe.

I hope to try a SC594 soon, As soon as my bank balance recovers from 594 number one! Merry Christmas from the Gulf Coast of Texas!

Hello Fellow PRS Folk,

My name is Rick, and I’ve been playing guitar since the a Year of the Framp (1976). I first saw PRS guitars in the early 90s, but didn’t buy one until 2007. It was a grey black 513 that I eventually sold, regrettably. I’ve owned three since, and the two Brazilian neck 2007 models remain my #1 and #2 performing guitars. Which is which depends on the day! Obviously, I think it was a huge mistake to cease making the 513. Otherwise, it’s hard to argue with the quality of instruments that come out of Maryland!

I’ve also used a Mira P-90 that was a sweet (and light) guitar. My newest discovery is the McCarty 594, a guitar that is a better Les Paul than my actual Gibson LP Standard. That’s saying a lot, because that LP is a killer axe.

I hope to try a SC594 soon, As soon as my bank balance recovers from 594 number one! Merry Christmas from the Gulf Coast of Texas!
Hi! Welcome to the forum.

The 594s are legendary around these parts, we look forward to your New Guitar Day post!

Put up some pictures of your current PRSi, we'd love to see them!

(Might have put this in the wrong place initially)
Hello everyone - new to this forum. Got back in the PRS family earlier this year with the purchase of a DGT. I had tried for years to love PRS and never could bond with one after either playing or owning Custom 22s, Custom 24s and McCartys. The DGT was a game-changer and led me to the McCarty 594. After reading through all of the 594 posts I could find (took a while) I purchased a new one in faded whale blue, which has long been a favorite color. The 594 is exactly what I had hoped it would be, just perfect in every way. I did replace the tuners to faux bone and swapped out the TRC for a Thalia. Absolutely love this guitar and have played it daily until my fingertips ache. Glad to be a part of this community. Will post pics as soon as I am able.

Welcome DD!

If you've ever been in the GC Manchester or Southington stores, we may have crossed paths in the past. Am located in NW/Central CT up near the MA Southwick Notch. There are several of us CT Nutmeggers on this forum. Cool story regards the Mosrites...!

Enjoy the tone quest. This is the place to find encouragement for your search/order/delivery.

Just joined forum myself and posted a similar reply in a different thread (related to GAS).

I've been a city dweller for 20 something years and just recently purchased my first home in the Philadelphia burbs. So I now have some space to breathe and my gear now has a room and I have been playing more than I have in a long time! 2 young kids (twins) me from playing as much as I would like, but it is still way more that recent years!

I have an Alembic electric which I adore, but have been thinking hard about a PRS for some variety I also have a '90 Strat I bought new while in high school , which I will never sell for sentimental reasons). I also had a '00 Les Paul Standard that I sold to a friend after I got the Alembic. It just couldn't complete, though sometimes I miss it.

So lately been thinking of a different guitar to add, which will probably be a 594. But in the interim I am enjoying the forum and reading everyone's views!

Back