Introduce yourself!

Alright guys and gals,

So before anyone yells core at me for me, the ideal PRS is the CE 24. This is because of the maple neck and snap that it has. Now I would go for a Floyd (maple neck). SEs have maple necks so that’s how that goes. I know you guys will say buy them all lol!!!

Alright guys and gals,

So before anyone yells core at me for me, the ideal PRS is the CE 24. This is because of the maple neck and snap that it has. Now I would go for a Floyd (maple neck). SEs have maple necks so that’s how that goes. I know you guys will say buy them all lol!!!
Welcome to the forum, all we care is that you have a favorite PRS!

Or multiple. Yeah, favorite multiple PRSi is ideal.

Welcome to the forum, all we care is that you have a favorite PRS!

Or multiple. Yeah, favorite multiple PRSi is ideal.
Well, my current favorite is my se custom 24! Just trying to decide if I want a squadron of different SE or to have a CE and an SE Floyd......and an SE Tremonti .....and an Se angelus.......and.....well I’m sure you get the point.

Gratz on your first! Welcome to the forum, posting pics of your new PRSi is mandatory. No exceptions.

o4mrkqcoe0jyx85vvzxm.jpg

Hello all! I am new to the forum and searching for guidance in purchasing a PRS and setting up a rig for live and home playing. I am sort of having to re-learn everything after a change of lifestyle/attitude and hiatus from music, but I am excited about playing again. My wife has given me the blessing to purchase a PRS, but I am overcome with analysis paralysis and the inability to try them out in stores (current location: BFE). As far as music style goes, I like to play anything from classic rock, blues, jazz standards, some country/bluegrass, grunge, etc. I am looking to build a rig using the most versatile guitar I can find (send help plz) and building around that.

Hello all! I am new to the forum and searching for guidance in purchasing a PRS and setting up a rig for live and home playing. I am sort of having to re-learn everything after a change of lifestyle/attitude and hiatus from music, but I am excited about playing again. My wife has given me the blessing to purchase a PRS, but I am overcome with analysis paralysis and the inability to try them out in stores (current location: BFE). As far as music style goes, I like to play anything from classic rock, blues, jazz standards, some country/bluegrass, grunge, etc. I am looking to build a rig using the most versatile guitar I can find (send help plz) and building around that.
Welcome fraggle!
What kind of guitar/neck were you most comfortable with?

I am right with you. I have owned a ce 22 (bolt on) and I currently have a se custom 24. Have you played any at a music shop?

Welcome fraggle!
What kind of guitar/neck were you most comfortable with?
I have never really had a 'nice' guitar, so I honestly don't know. I used to gig with a Mexican HSS Strat back in the day with a maple neck and fretboard, but I recently tried out a gentleman's 2014 S2 SC and the neck on it was amazing. It just had rusty strings from sitting in a case since 2014. I have played on SGs and Les Pauls in the past and they've never blown my skirt up, but I don't know how much that was due to the scale, the finished neck, or the fretboard. I haven't been able to try all of the different neck shapes or configurations for the PRS options.

Back