Introduce yourself!

Hello
Im a guitar nerd for about 30 years now, primarily a metal player but i appreciate playing of any type. Over the years I always noted how good those PRS guitars were, and they really came onto my radar when Alex Lifeson of Rush (my fav) used them through the 90s and early 2000's; I reeeeeally wish he had kept using PRS, his sound was so much clearer and articulate than the gibson he ended up building, and I dont mean to knock gibson, but an Alex signature PRS electric would have been a dream (i know theres an acoustic).

anyway, a couple of my musical buddies purchased prs' guitars over the years and there was just no doubting the tone, clear and powerful both live and in the studio. we modded a couple, which would be blasphemy to some here lol, putting active pickups in (emg and seymour duncan blackouts) and upgrading the nuts on the se's and some other tweaks, but ill tell ya, for the music we play, the riffing and progressive guitar instrumental metal we play, the modded prs' (a couple s2's a cpl se's, my buddy frank has an american core or custom - not exactly sure but its a "good one" :p) are absolutely hotter than all get out, and they retained enough of that prs tone, that clarity and sparkle, while adding some low end fullness we desired. i cant say enough about how good my friends guitars sound, and thats up against everything, gibson, schecter, ibanez, esp, fernadez, (of which i like all of those to varying degrees).

I dont have huge financial means, but i managed an se roasted maple charcoal grey, and geez even this se is really nice, i think the new se's are just better than ever, at least he korean ones. im about to go crazy and upgrade the nut, the bridge saddles to american prs standard, i have emg 57/66 pickups, and still have to figure out what tone knobs to go with, but im soon to do the whole makover

theres just a magic to these guitars, i know you guys all know that. theres a life to prs that just has something, for me mostly its the clarity, the clearness while still having power. the voice fits my playing, both rhythm and leads. after just a month with my se and playing it against nearly a dozen other guitars, i dont think ill ever go back to anything else. it took me a lifetime to get to prs, and i think im here to stay. this se will do me fine, and perhaps in my old age (im 48 now) my last great guitar if i have the means ill get a custom american made super duper prs axe.

cheers to all.
rock on, in whatever style you play

It's only polite to introduce ones self

And so I will.
I'll leave the name and job stuff for the sig.
I bought my first PRS used in 1988 or so, a Std24. I had heard of these, and got lucky enough to find one. Wish I still had it, but I sold it to buy a Super 400...
I play Klein guitars a lot. I have three. I know Lorenzo German pretty well. (Please, if you're one of his former customers, don't ask me to help you get your guitar that you ordered way back there, I have one on order too.). I try to keep my GAS disease under control, but guitars are tax write offs for me, so it's pretty easy to justify them.
After years of looking at them again, I bought a Hollowbody Spruce from Brian Meader when he was still at Washington Music Center near DC, three years ago. Then I bought a Studio from him last year. I love that too. It sounds different, and I like that. I want a P22.
I play jazz. Not much rock and roll. But I do like to get a variety of sounds from a guitar, and these do it.
I really admire PRSh's drive to make a really good instrument. I've never met him, but I'd like to. He seems to be just a bit obsessed about making things as good as he can, and I really like that.
My job is in the Maritime provinces of Canada, and there's not much available. I'd like to try one of the new amps, but there aren't any near me there.
Guitars are more fun than just about anything else.
I'm in.

Welcome Charcoalie! Nothing wrong with making a guitar yours with mods! Just don't throw out those old parts, stock bits have an odd way of becoming special to some. =)

Aloha.
Mike from Hawaii here, owner of a 2017 SE Custom 24 Floyd and new owner of brand new SE Custom 24 Floyd I got at a great price from our local Guitar Center a few days ago.

I am a gear head, and I am not ashamed to say that I suffer from extreme G.A.S. I have a support group that get's together once a week to justify my need for gear. This support group shares the pain with me of having too much gear and not enough talent. We try to get over our pain by playing live in front of innocent strangers every so often. Unfortunately, the pain continues as we struggle with PTA meetings and soccer practice and work...ugh...work. But then again, I need said work to feed my need for gear...! Oh the insanity...!
Trust me, life in Hawaii ain't paradise everyday, but a little bit of rock and roll stress release helps. Thank the lord I have a wife who let's me have my toys. Cheehooo!

Aloha.
Mike from Hawaii here, owner of a 2017 SE Custom 24 Floyd and new owner of brand new SE Custom 24 Floyd I got at a great price from our local Guitar Center a few days ago.

I am a gear head, and I am not ashamed to say that I suffer from extreme G.A.S. I have a support group that get's together once a week to justify my need for gear. This support group shares the pain with me of having too much gear and not enough talent. We try to get over our pain by playing live in front of innocent strangers every so often. Unfortunately, the pain continues as we struggle with PTA meetings and soccer practice and work...ugh...work. But then again, I need said work to feed my need for gear...! Oh the insanity...!
Trust me, life in Hawaii ain't paradise everyday, but a little bit of rock and roll stress release helps. Thank the lord I have a wife who let's me have my toys. Cheehooo!

Welcome Mike, you’ve found the ultimate support group for your GAS. We will see you through your imminent guitar/gear purchases!

Just repeat after me:

“Hi my name is (insert name here) and I’m a gearaholic”

“Hi (insert name here)”

Aloha.

Welcome fellow GAS jockey!

Hi from the UK. Iv'e recently returned after a long lay off from guitar and went straight for a beautiful Custom 24 10 top in burnt gold. This is my only guitar now but iv'e had 2 previously. I'm thinking of getting an SE to take to work to practice with.
PRS are just so easy to play and sound great too. I love how they can cover almost any genre.
Matty

Welcome Matty,

The SE’s are great guitars. They punch way above their price point.

Congratulations on the new guitar. We love pictures on here.

Hi from the UK. Iv'e recently returned after a long lay off from guitar and went straight for a beautiful Custom 24 10 top in burnt gold. This is my only guitar now but iv'e had 2 previously. I'm thinking of getting an SE to take to work to practice with.
PRS are just so easy to play and sound great too. I love how they can cover almost any genre.
Matty
Welcome back!

Hello, all! As a new owner of a beautiful PRS S2, I figured I'd poke around here and see what there is to see! My Tele is my favorite guitar, a limited edition Ice Blue with matching painted headstock, but this S2 could easily take that title. I also have an HSS Strat and a Martin Dreadnought Jr. Nothing fancy, and all well beyond my playing abilities, but not one I would part with from the group.

I really had no intentions of buying a PRS last Friday, as I was on the hunt for a singlecut Gretsch Players Edition Jet. Nobody had one locally to try out, so the poor guy at one of the two decent guitar stores here in Corpus Christi started pulling guitar after guitar off the rack for me to try. Long story short, I wound up with a PRS McCarty that I liked, but I wasn't quite ready to put my soul in hock for a guitar. The S2 with a satin finish he gave me next was the first time I understood what people mean when they say "the right guitar will find YOU". Best guitar I played all day.

Anyway, so here I am, mostly lurking, probably, but will put my $.02 in periodically, I'm sure. Thanks for having me.

Hello, all! As a new owner of a beautiful PRS S2, I figured I'd poke around here and see what there is to see! My Tele is my favorite guitar, a limited edition Ice Blue with matching painted headstock, but this S2 could easily take that title. I also have an HSS Strat and a Martin Dreadnought Jr. Nothing fancy, and all well beyond my playing abilities, but not one I would part with from the group.

I really had no intentions of buying a PRS last Friday, as I was on the hunt for a singlecut Gretsch Players Edition Jet. Nobody had one locally to try out, so the poor guy at one of the two decent guitar stores here in Corpus Christi started pulling guitar after guitar off the rack for me to try. Long story short, I wound up with a PRS McCarty that I liked, but I wasn't quite ready to put my soul in hock for a guitar. The S2 with a satin finish he gave me next was the first time I understood what people mean when they say "the right guitar will find YOU". Best guitar I played all day.

Anyway, so here I am, mostly lurking, probably, but will put my $.02 in periodically, I'm sure. Thanks for having me.

Welcome to the forum Blue! Congrats on your find. May it be the first of many!

Hello, i'm from Dominican Republic. I'm playing guitar since 1996. Some blues, rock, bachata y merengue.

Back