Introduce yourself!

He had some really nice stuff. He had good people working for him who knew what to get and where to get it, or how to modify it if needed. I can imagine the tone of those Bogner's he used with the Suhr. I'm really just an audiophile, so while I know tubes and amps, etc., I sure don't know much at all about electric guitars - and I don't even have an amp. It's like a wife who buys her husband a boat without a motor for his birthday. But I'm pretty thankful, that's for sure. I'm going to posting a couple of questions - super basic, almost embarrassing - seeing what help I can get. Since it's my first electric, I don't even really know what to do with it when it arrives in a couple of weeks. Plus, like I said, I'll need an amp to get going. Maybe others will have pity on me and recall when they first started out.

He had some really nice stuff. He had good people working for him who knew what to get and where to get it, or how to modify it if needed. I can imagine the tone of those Bogner's he used with the Suhr. I'm really just an audiophile, so while I know tubes and amps, etc., I sure don't know much at all about electric guitars - and I don't even have an amp. It's like a wife who buys her husband a boat without a motor for his birthday. But I'm pretty thankful, that's for sure. I'm going to posting a couple of questions - super basic, almost embarrassing - seeing what help I can get. Since it's my first electric, I don't even really know what to do with it when it arrives in a couple of weeks. Plus, like I said, I'll need an amp to get going. Maybe others will have pity on me and recall when they first started out.
Awesome!
You'll get lots help from people here. Take it slow, and post pics of your guitar when it lands!

Hello from WNC. I'm a 63 yr old guitar player that still loves to play. I was lucky enough to have been a part of working bands since 1974. until 2011 when I was in an accident that left me in a wheel chair so now outside of the occasional low key acoustic gig my playing is down to jamming with friends (but we do get together often) and I live alone so I spend most days noodling and laying down tracks on a little Zoom R8. I'm quite addicted to guitars and at present own 7. I play through a little Fender Super Champ XD with a Eminence Ragin Cajun and I retubed it with Tung-Sol tubes and set the bias @ 40mv. The only pedal I use is a MXR Prime Distortion. I don't claim to be a great player but over the years I've found I can usually hang with really good players. To sum it up I'm just an old guy that loves to play and talk guitars and this seemed to be a great place to do that.
So thanks for allowing me to participate and here's a picture of my current guitar line-up.
FjoRwfF.jpg

Thanks for the introduction. That's a nice little collection you've got there. It's really good that you can enjoy yourself so much by playing and that you have several different instruments to play. Accidents can be a life changer - I had a near fatal 3 years ago, so I get you.

I see the Fender amp in the pic - how did you settle on it, btw? I will be looking for a "starter" amp for a strat, don't know too much, and am open for suggestions.

HI all,

Another new member here, of both the forum and PRS. Originally from the south of England, and for twenty years now living in the smouldering south that is Tennessee! My amazing wife bought me a '98 Custom 24 for my birthday earlier this year and it's rapidly become my joint favourite guitar, alongside my LP Standard.

I recently decided I'd like to add an SG to my small collection and managed to find a few locally to look at, but yesterday a PRS Mira popped up in the local buy/sell group on Facebook. I went to look at it and, although needing a good cleaning and new strings, it felt great so it came home with me! It's a white and gold '08, which from reading here was a limited run, and after some TLC I absolutely love it! I guess I've really been bitten by the PRS bug now...

Love the vibe of this forum, and the wealth of info available.
Welcome to you from another new member! Nice to have a Brit' on the forum. I lived around Oxford about 30 years ago. Loved the people and loved England. South Wales was another favorite place of mine. I've spent a good amount of time in Tennessee and parts of Georgia, though I'm from Nevada now. Look forward to some pics when you get settled in on the forum.

Thanks for the introduction. That's a nice little collection you've got there. It's really good that you can enjoy yourself so much by playing and that you have several different instruments to play. Accidents can be a life changer - I had a near fatal 3 years ago, so I get you.

I see the Fender amp in the pic - how did you settle on it, btw? I will be looking for a "starter" amp for a strat, don't know too much, and am open for suggestions.

I used a Mesa Boogie 2x12 Lonestar for years and when I quit gigging I didn't need it anymore so sold it. The other guitar player in our band had this amp and gave it to me. To my ear it didn't sound very good that's when I changed the speaker and tubes now it's great for what I do with it.

Hey everyone! I recently discovered how much I love PRS guitars after years of staying away from them due to pretty common reasons - brand loyalty to the big two, price, and a general feeling that they were too “fancy” looking.

As a lifelong player, I’ve begun to realize how important neck shapes are, as well as things like fretwork, setup, action, intonation, tuning stability, and string tension. I’ve never played guitars that PLAYED better than PRS guitars and I truly believe that.

The Santana is my favorite model because of the combination of the scale length and 24 frets. It’s not specific to the Santana but I also really love the PRS feel of a trem bridge on a set neck mahogany guitar. I feel like there’s less string tension than a tune o matic and makes it easier to play.

I have three Santanas, a Swamp Ash Special NF, and a Silver Sky. I’d love to add a DGT and a Paul’s Guitar to my collection as well!

Hi all, Just purchased my first PRS. I had bought an Elite series Fender HSS hoping it would be the one "Swiss army knife" guitar for giging. I wasn't happy with the feel or the pickups, so I returned it to Guitar center and went on a journey trying to find the "Holy Grail" guitar I was searching for.
I picked up a CE 24 and knew it was something special. Plugged in and put it through the paces... The set up was a bit high for my taste but I knew after playing it for a while it was the guitar I had been searching for. So I exchanged the "Elite" for a real Elite instrument...
I got it home adjusted the action and sealed it the deal... The pickups are fantastic! The absolute best split sounds from a hum bucker I've expierinced yet. I'm Mike and I'm a PRS CE 24 owner... AKA Punkfloyd4eyes

Hi all, Just purchased my first PRS. I had bought an Elite series Fender HSS hoping it would be the one "Swiss army knife" guitar for giging. I wasn't happy with the feel or the pickups, so I returned it to Guitar center and went on a journey trying to find the "Holy Grail" guitar I was searching for.
I picked up a CE 24 and knew it was something special. Plugged in and put it through the paces... The set up was a bit high for my taste but I knew after playing it for a while it was the guitar I had been searching for. So I exchanged the "Elite" for a real Elite instrument...
I got it home adjusted the action and sealed it the deal... The pickups are fantastic! The absolute best split sounds from a hum bucker I've expierinced yet. I'm Mike and I'm a PRS CE 24 owner... AKA Punkfloyd4eyes
Welcome! You have started on a discovery of reward and fun.

New here. Been lurking for a couple years and decided it was time to join in the fun. I’m primarily a bass player but also play some guitar. I’m sure like many of you I played in my younger days and put it aside when family and career got in the way. A couple years ago my wife’s work schedule changed and I found myself with some free time a few nights a week after I put the kids to bed while she was at work. Decided to do something constructive with my time rather than flip through the tv channels and dug out my old Squier Strat and start really learning guitar. After some time with that upgraded myself to a PRS SE custom 22 for my 40th b-day. Last winter the contemporary music director at our church found out I used to play bass ( had been picking that up a night or 2 a week in addition to the guitar) and asked if I’d be interested in joining the rotation of musicians. After a few months focusing back on bass I’ve been playing bass once or twice a month for the contemporary service as well as continuing my learning journey on guitar.
Looking forward to chatting with some like minded guitar geeks

New here. Been lurking for a couple years and decided it was time to join in the fun. I’m primarily a bass player but also play some guitar. I’m sure like many of you I played in my younger days and put it aside when family and career got in the way. A couple years ago my wife’s work schedule changed and I found myself with some free time a few nights a week after I put the kids to bed while she was at work. Decided to do something constructive with my time rather than flip through the tv channels and dug out my old Squier Strat and start really learning guitar. After some time with that upgraded myself to a PRS SE custom 22 for my 40th b-day. Last winter the contemporary music director at our church found out I used to play bass ( had been picking that up a night or 2 a week in addition to the guitar) and asked if I’d be interested in joining the rotation of musicians. After a few months focusing back on bass I’ve been playing bass once or twice a month for the contemporary service as well as continuing my learning journey on guitar.
Looking forward to chatting with some like minded guitar geeks
You came to the right place... welcome!

Thanks, music was always such a big part of my life growing up, my dad always had the stereo turned up in the house, everything from swing and big band to the Beatles to Led Zepplin to King Crimson and more obscure stuff like Slade, Krokus, Little Feat, Procol Harum and even Harry Chapin... He always said (still does actual\y) that life needs a sound track. Then I discovered GNR and Nirvana and even the Allman Brothers and Grateful Dead and used music to rebel and be creative. Still do I guess but it's against different things, so glad I found my way back to playing. Nothing like a night with the guitar or bass and a beer to unwind from work and life, or even hanging out late and playing with others, always feel surprisingly refreshed on a Friday morning at work after a late night Thursday rehearsal

Back