Introduce yourself!

Hello all! :)

New kid on the block?
That would be me for now.
I've been trying to play guitar for a long time.
I wish I was better at it than I am but I like it so I do it.
Over the last couple of years PRS guitars have become my main
working guitars so I figured a PRS forum would be beneficial to me
and maybe I would be able to contribute something constructive as well.

Welcome CR! Patience, patience and more patience. Don't let any frustration deter you and refer often to the the 'p' word.
Thanks all for the welcome.
First day.. broke the “D” string trying to figure out how to use the tuning gadget I bought... turning the wrong knob wondering why nothing was happening and “Boinggg” lol... OK.. new strings bought.. one put on.. tuned.. what a fun thing to learn on day one. Fingers.. starting to get tender.

Just popped in to say hi to you all.

Bought my first PRS today, an SE Standard 24 Ltd Edition in White Pearl.

F5nbguN.jpg

I'm delighted with it. It's a wonderful guitar for the price. my other two guitars are a Stratocaster and a Telecaster. I wanted something with humbuckers but find Les Pauls too 'plummy' sounding. This PRS has a nice edge to it's tone. It's going to be a wonderful guitar for recording.

:)

Last edited:
Hi all,

New member here.

I got to love PRS through finding a nice baritone 277 on craigslist and have been paying more attention to them ever since.

I've played guitar for 25 years and do other electronic things as well. Mostly doing metal stuff lately but i like all kinds of music.

I am in love with one of the anniversary models I got to try out, but I cant afford a $3000 guitar. Nicest guitar ever, it was painful to realize how nice a guitar could be.

I will be asking a question about a cheaprr SE I picked up, when I find the right place to do so.

J

Hi All!
I'm an uptown dad with a 10 year old son that I'm trying to get excited about playing music. I finally got around to pulling my guitar out of it's 5 year hibernation and am excited to get back to playing.
The jury is still out as to whether this forum will be friendly with my wallet or not! ;)

Hi all,

Been lurking for a few weeks and bought a PRS SE Schizoid at the weekend, almost by mistake!! Anyway, I'm loving it and I'm never going to buy another guitar. ;)

Need to try and get my playing up the standard of the guitar now.

Kev.

Hi all,

Been lurking for a few weeks and bought a PRS SE Schizoid at the weekend, almost by mistake!! Anyway, I'm loving it and I'm never going to buy another guitar. ;)

Need to try and get my playing up the standard of the guitar now.

Kev.

Welcome to the forum Kev.
I have a SE Schizoid as well - very nice guitars. You should modify your statement to read "I'm never going to buy another non-PRS guitar.".

Hey, all,

I'm a long-time lurker who's borrowed a lot of good info from you good folks! I started playing in 1980 and gigged until I had to give it up in 2010. I've owned 10 PRS guits - 5 CEs bought in the 90s/early 2000s, 1 S2 and 4 SEs bought this year (7 of these are still with me). Hope to see y'all around the forums!

Hey, all,

I'm a long-time lurker who's borrowed a lot of good info from you good folks! I started playing in 1980 and gigged until I had to give it up in 2010. I've owned 10 PRS guits - 5 CEs bought in the 90s/early 2000s, 1 S2 and 4 SEs bought this year (7 of these are still with me). Hope to see y'all around the forums!
Welcome!

Introduce Yourself

Don't mind if I do, thank you! I only just found the forum this week, when trying to find information on a guitar I just got for my birthday (except it's not arrived yet). I guess I'm getting a Studio 10 Project from the Walter Becker estate, modified by Nitebob. I'm glad I found the forum, and it looks like it's going to be pretty awesome, and the folks seem to be really helpful - very encouraging. So cool. Anyway, I'm actually a pretty bad guitar player. I've never played an electric. I haven't played guitar in 30 years since I sold my acoustic. I played a lot of blues harp in the interim, sometimes with a band, and did a couple of session recordings. An old Virginia picker - who could play anything, was buddy of mine when I lived in England, who played with Fairport Convention and a bunch of other bands. We both moved back to the U.S. and he recently encouraged me to pick up the guitar again, find a mentor, get some help, and take it easy. I'm hoping this will be a great birthday present and an awesome journey on the electric, so I thought the PRS forum would be a great place to start!

Back