Introduce yourself!

Hello all -

I'm a late starting (49 years young) beginning guitarist whose been taking acoustic lessons. I decided to add an electric and just received an '18 SE 245 Whale Blue. Unfortunately, I can't do much but make noise with it right now . . . but after a few months of practice . . . who knows!

-Mike

Making noise is the best part! Welcome to the forum.

, since I bought it a week after the birth of our second kid. Loud noises aren't welcome right now.

Welcome, Garrett. Great photo of your newborn(s). Something about how you phrased the quoted bit above just cracked me up. The term "double entendre" just doesn't quite do it justice.

Hello all -

I'm a late starting (49 years young) beginning guitarist whose been taking acoustic lessons. I decided to add an electric and just received an '18 SE 245 Whale Blue. Unfortunately, I can't do much but make noise with it right now . . . but after a few months of practice . . . who knows!

-Mike

Welcome, Mike. In exactly the same boat - well, I've got 9-10 more years on you, but yeah, just starting out and ... well, already have a wicked bad case of PRS Mesmerism Syndrome. Beware this place! :)

Hello all -

-Mike

Nice one Mike. Welcome.

Nice figuring on your lawn too!;)

Hi, I’’m Pat. I couldn’t tell you a G Frigolydian from a Z flat 9, but I know PRS fits me best. Hobby guitarist &, i’ve Been through a lot of junk. I can tell you quality guitars enable me to play shittily better. My current favorites are a modded Mira & the Waring CE Floyd. Looking forward to learning from you all.

Hi, I’’m Pat. I couldn’t tell you a G Frigolydian from a Z flat 9, but I know PRS fits me best. Hobby guitarist &, i’ve Been through a lot of junk. I can tell you quality guitars enable me to play shittily better. My current favorites are a modded Mira & the Waring CE Floyd. Looking forward to learning from you all.

Welcome Pat.

Are you related to Phil McGlassup?;)

I just received my first PRS. I went conservative and picked up a used SE Standard. It needs a little tweaking. I can't believe how light it is. Very comfortable.
oexpr3toccgwnwipcevi.jpg

Welcome xstonr. Hopefully, you'll last longer than I have before you start going ... well, er, but, umm and the "it couldn't hurt to just look" and going sort of glazey-eyed wandering about these forums. :D

It's only polite to introduce ones self

And so I will.
I'll leave the name and job stuff for the sig.
I bought my first PRS used in 1988 or so, a Std24. I had heard of these, and got lucky enough to find one. Wish I still had it, but I sold it to buy a Super 400...
I play Klein guitars a lot. I have three. I know Lorenzo German pretty well. (Please, if you're one of his former customers, don't ask me to help you get your guitar that you ordered way back there, I have one on order too.). I try to keep my GAS disease under control, but guitars are tax write offs for me, so it's pretty easy to justify them.
After years of looking at them again, I bought a Hollowbody Spruce from Brian Meader when he was still at Washington Music Center near DC, three years ago. Then I bought a Studio from him last year. I love that too. It sounds different, and I like that. I want a P22.
I play jazz. Not much rock and roll. But I do like to get a variety of sounds from a guitar, and these do it.
I really admire PRSh's drive to make a really good instrument. I've never met him, but I'd like to. He seems to be just a bit obsessed about making things as good as he can, and I really like that.
My job is in the Maritime provinces of Canada, and there's not much available. I'd like to try one of the new amps, but there aren't any near me there.
Guitars are more fun than just about anything else.
I'm in.
Welcome!

I've been trying to chase this hobby for the better part of a decade, if not more. I'm 45.

PRS got on my radar when Mark Tremonti started playing them. That dude really knows how to pump out really great riffs. When his first signature se's came out. They just weren't close enough to the USA's for me. So I bought guitar after guitar that was "close" but none of them had the same sound, the same neck, the same mojo. These new one's are pretty damn close now. So I pulled the trigger.

I have probably tried to learn this instrument 6 times and something always got in the way and I always compromised. But not this time. Finally going to take proper lessons (found a local teacher I think I'll vibe with pretty well). I bought a great amp to play in my apartment and can grow with me as a hobbyist (Boss Katana Artist).

I'm stoked. I'm super stoked right now.

Making noise is the best part! Welcome to the forum.

-Mike[/QUOTE]

48 years young here and on the same path! Started with an acoustic and picked up the exact same SE 245 back in March! I hope you're having as much fun as I am! Good Luck and welcome to the forum!
63cG4jJbKrXu9Vte9

QSTJ7375.jpg

QSTJ7375.JPG

Last edited:
Also 48 years old and checking in...been playing since 1983. From a cheap starter acoustic, to a red Strat knock-off, to a white Japanese Strat modded with a Seymour Duncan Hot Rails bridge pickup, to an all black Ibanez RG 440 back in the day (late 80's-mid 90's). Gigged on that for years during college, but sold it to buy an engagement ring. Played on a borrowed Yahama acoustic while I didn't officially own a guitar, and then my wife bought me an Ovation Elite Standard (mid 90's-late 00's), which I still have. Moved from there to a Taylor 814ce Grand Auditorium about 10 years ago. Absolutely love that thing.

Getting back to the electric and just ordered a 2019 CE 24 in Gray Black Smokeburst. Went back and forth for months trying to decide between a Fender Elite HSS and the PRS CE 24. Ultimately, the PRS just felt better in my hands. Will be pairing it up with Line 6 Helix. A few weeks out on delivery....ugh.

Last edited:
Also 48 years old and checking in...been playing since 1983. From a cheap starter acoustic, to a red Strat knock-off, to a white Japanese Strat modded with a Seymour Duncan Hot Rails bridge pickup, to an all black Ibanez RG 440 back in the day (late 80's-mid 90's). Gigged on that for years during college, but sold it to buy an engagement ring. Played on a borrowed Yahama acoustic while I didn't officially own a guitar, and then my wife bought me an Ovation Elite Standard (mid 90's-late 00's), which I still have. Moved from there to a Taylor 814ce Grand Auditorium about 10 years ago. Absolutely love that thing.

Getting back to the electric and just ordered a 2019 CE 24 in Gray Black. Went back and forth for months trying to decide between a Fender Elite HSS and the PRS CE 24. Ultimately, the PRS just felt better in my hands. Will be pairing it up with Line 6 Helix. A few weeks out on delivery....ugh.

Welcome to the forum.

Hi everyone,
I use to lurk around the Birds and Moons forum yonks (a long time) ago. I seem to remember it was closing down at the time. Anyway the forum popped back into my head today and I thought I’d have a look and I ended up here. So I thought I’d sign up.

I’m from Glasgow area in Scotland. I bought a 513BRW back in 2005 (I think) and it has been with me ever since. As soon as I played it, I knew I had to have it. It has a beautiful natural coloured one piece top. I instantly became a PRS fan. Unfortunately I have only been able to afford one

I had the great pleasure of meeting PRSH at an evening with Paul in an old converted church in Glasgow a few years ago where he kindly signed the back plate of my 513.

The night was awesome because I got to meet Paul, have a laugh and saw Mike Ault (sorry for the spelling if I got that wrong) perform an amazing rendition of Little Wing.

Anyway, that’s me.... hello hope you all don’t mind me lurking around and enjoying the conversations and looking at all the guitars and fuelling my G.A.S.

Thanks for reading.

Dweezel (but you can all call me Iain if you like).

Back