Introduce yourself!

Howdy guys and girls new person here hailing from down under Australia, always been a massive PRS fan never could afford one when i was younger starting out but recently brought my first PRS which is a CU22 it was a special run of 12 guitars for Australia labelled "Australian Eagle" with Pauls signature on the rear of the headstock. Completely fell inlove with it brought back my passion and currently working on a Private Stock order

Howdy guys and girls new person here hailing from down under Australia, always been a massive PRS fan never could afford one when i was younger starting out but recently brought my first PRS which is a CU22 it was a special run of 12 guitars for Australia labelled "Australian Eagle" with Pauls signature on the rear of the headstock. Completely fell inlove with it brought back my passion and currently working on a Private Stock order

Welcome.
I'd love to see my first Australian Eagle.

Hi to all! New Member here!

My name is Alessandro, I'm 22, and I'm Italian.
My prsaddiction started when I was just a lil guy. I was about 14 years old, when I listened to One Day Remains from Alter Bridge. From that point of my life I totally became a guitar addicted and a PRS addicted.
I used to have a SC 245, but last year she got stolen... Worst day of my life.
Now I'm the owner of a SE Tremonti, hoping to get her a big sister soon.

I'm very glad to be part of this community!

Hey guys! Great to be here. Former member of BaM. I've had a 2000 CE22 that I sold back to the original owner, now I have a 2013 CU24 that I adore. Lover of progressive rock and home recording. My band is Collecting Space - check us out! Our full LP is available for download on our website.

Kaleb

Hi all, I am new here. I was a member at the original PRS Forum, then the Gear Page, BaM, VR ... all of them :) Now I have found this forum.

I play at 2008 Mira and a 1997 CE24 ... I will post pics later, just wanted to say hi !

Hello all!
I am a PRS noob, I've been lurking for a few weeks as I have also just bought my first PRS about a month ago. 2012 Custom 24 blue crab blue. I'm really loving it so far. I am a die hard Tele/Strat user, but I also have a few Gibsons. I'm also a very active member on thegearpage.net under the same username. I hope you guys will have me :shakehands: and I'm glad to be here, I've learned a lot already.

David

Hello Peeps,

I'm andy and a new owner of a PRS guitar (synkrotron is the artist pseudonym). Just got it today. I've wanted one for ages and I thought, sod it, I'm getting one. I only meant to go and have a look at some. A colleague from work suggested I pay a visit to a shop called Sound Affects, near Liverpool in the UK. I was interested to discover what the difference was between the £600 and £2000 guitars. My SG was £600, some time ago, so even the so called "Student Edition" guitars are still expensive.

That cost me though, because as I was sat there, playing a couple of the more expensive PRS guitars, I decided that's what I want. I mean, the SE guitars are still an excellent guitar, but I fell in love with this Charcoal Burst Studio thing. I believe it is a 2012 model, but that does not matter. This guitar is a thing of beauty. I think I'm going to take it to bed with me tonight ;-)

A bit about me - Well, for one thing, I am not worthy of owning a PRS. I have been "dabbling" with guitars since 1979 and I still can't play. I started with a Eko Ranger 6, and I still have that. Other guitars included a CBS strat copy (yeah, true budget that one LOL), an Aria Cardinal Pro II, a Gibson Les Paul Studio (briefly, due to money issues) and more recently I bought a Gibson SG Special, because I've always been a big fan of that guitar.

So, now I have my PRS Studio in Charcoal Burst, with a 10 top (whatever that is - I've so much to learn).

The next thing I need are some guitar lessons.

cheers

andy

myguitars.jpg

Hello Peeps,

I'm andy and a new owner of a PRS guitar (synkrotron is the artist pseudonym). Just got it today. I've wanted one for ages and I thought, sod it, I'm getting one. I only meant to go and have a look at some. A colleague from work suggested I pay a visit to a shop called Sound Affects, near Liverpool in the UK. I was interested to discover what the difference was between the £600 and £2000 guitars. My SG was £600, some time ago, so even the so called "Student Edition" guitars are still expensive.

That cost me though, because as I was sat there, playing a couple of the more expensive PRS guitars, I decided that's what I want. I mean, the SE guitars are still an excellent guitar, but I fell in love with this Charcoal Burst Studio thing. I believe it is a 2012 model, but that does not matter. This guitar is a thing of beauty. I think I'm going to take it to bed with me tonight ;-)

A bit about me - Well, for one thing, I am not worthy of owning a PRS. I have been "dabbling" with guitars since 1979 and I still can't play. I started with a Eko Ranger 6, and I still have that. Other guitars included a CBS strat copy (yeah, true budget that one LOL), an Aria Cardinal Pro II, a Gibson Les Paul Studio (briefly, due to money issues) and more recently I bought a Gibson SG Special, because I've always been a big fan of that guitar.

So, now I have my PRS Studio in Charcoal Burst, with a 10 top (whatever that is - I've so much to learn).

The next thing I need are some guitar lessons.

cheers

andy

myguitars.jpg

Hey Andy, welcome to the forum and congrats on scoring that beauty!

Another PRS owner in Warrington! Hopefully a trend that will continue! :)

Sound Affects is a good shop. Bought an amp from there a while back and the service was top notch.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the welcome. The guys in Sound Affects were real nice and helpful, but that Studio sold itself, as I'm sure you can understand...

Hey Andy. Welcome to the forum. :hello:

Hi, thanks :wave:

I've just gotten round to reading my COA and my Studio was built on the 20th September 2011 and it has a "Pattern Neck," whatever that is, and it has the word "Quilt" in the Special Order section. I don't know what that means either lol. I'll have to google it :)

Hi, thanks :wave:

I've just gotten round to reading my COA and my Studio was built on the 20th September 2011 and it has a "Pattern Neck," whatever that is, and it has the word "Quilt" in the Special Order section. I don't know what that means either lol. I'll have to google it :)
It means that you have a quilted maple top.
I pretty much know what a "pattern" neck is but I can't explain it very well, so someone else will have to chime in on that one.

Last edited:
Back