Introduce yourself!

I’ve realised you’re the “Richard Rawlings” of the forum! Wooh!!

GAS Mon(k)ey!;)

95f069344d4b99db5cdb3e327f086213.jpg

I'm surprised I haven't seen Bodia use that phrase yet!

Hello another newbie here! I just bought my 1st PRS in may at the Music Experience while attending "Rock On The Range". I was'nt looking for a guitar at the time and when I saw the finish on the SE Standard 24 multi-foil I felt I had to try it. It played great and did not take long to start jones'n for the guitar. I know some thumb their noses at the SE models but the guitar felt great. I went home that night and couldn't take my mind off of it and was hoping it would be there the next day. I went back and had to pull the trigger, got a nice deal.($669.00 no flaws,SN# R29001) less than I could get at the major retailers. Now I am looking at my next PRS purchase can't wait to own another. My other guitars are: 1981 Gibson Fling "V", 1986 Charvel model 3 modded over the years, LTD ec10 that I made into a project guitar w/ Seymour Duncans ,new electronics(sounds sweet and plays well). My Bass is a 80's Charvel w/ quarter pounders in it(for recording). My amp or amps of choice are Marshall JCM 800 stack (1981 sole owner) Marshall JCM 800 2x12 combo (2nd owner).

Hello another newbie here! I just bought my 1st PRS in may at the Music Experience while attending "Rock On The Range". I was'nt looking for a guitar at the time and when I saw the finish on the SE Standard 24 multi-foil I felt I had to try it. It played great and did not take long to start jones'n for the guitar. I know some thumb their noses at the SE models but the guitar felt great. I went home that night and couldn't take my mind off of it and was hoping it would be there the next day. I went back and had to pull the trigger, got a nice deal.($669.00 no flaws,SN# R29001) less than I could get at the major retailers. Now I am looking at my next PRS purchase can't wait to own another. My other guitars are: 1981 Gibson Fling "V", 1986 Charvel model 3 modded over the years, LTD ec10 that I made into a project guitar w/ Seymour Duncans ,new electronics(sounds sweet and plays well). My Bass is a 80's Charvel w/ quarter pounders in it(for recording). My amp or amps of choice are Marshall JCM 800 stack (1981 sole owner) Marshall JCM 800 2x12 combo (2nd owner).

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your first!

Hello! Im Leif, and I am new to this forum today so figured Id say whats up! Whaaats uuuuppp! Yeah OK I have a very beautiful exquisitely handcrafted Custom 24 (had a custom 22) that is stunning and plays like a dreamboat and never fails me. If she was a woman, Id marry her and Ill admit Ive woken up in bed with it more than a couple of times lol. I also have a basic single cut SE 245 scale made in wildwood Indonesia that may not have the ten top but plays surprisingly well so PRS must be doing something right on even their non american made side of things unlike most major conglomerates. I literally just bought a PRS SONZERA 20 on a "total whim" after I plugged it in at a local Sam Ash store which I purchased after playing it non stop for 30 minutes (wait was that 2 hours???) because I enjoyed it so much...Which in turn is the reason I am here now... to learn more about PRS and particularly the amp line ups as I had no idea they made such great amps as well oozing with tone from my fingers to my ears I am pleased.... so here I am.

Im pretty laid back guy I like long walks on the beach , deep conversation and ........ha ha (just kidding)... yeah I love PRS and also play custom and classic strats too (viewing my avatar now....sorry it wasn't a PRS) among many other brands. My custom 24 PRS is definitely 1 of my 2 go-to guitars I pick up first.

I guess you'd call me a semi pro since I am still in advertising production (video pre and post production, mobile apps, application development, UI/UX design etc., Marketing, Creative Art Direction) but I play out on week ends and my band is pretty psyched for our new release when we hit the studio next month. Also I play and record at home with all of my spare time (except for my Brazilian Jujitsu class) but I am no engineer as of yet however I use my home studio to write new tunes to send to my power trio and also am building up my own music library to see if I can make money doing film and tv licensing music (figured Id give that a whirl) however I have not quit my "day job" as of yet :( .....as Its nice to have money he he. Still I love music and won't stop till I drop!

Great to meet all of you!!!!
SORRY FOR THE BOLD TEXT AND EXCLAMATION MARKS THATS REALLY ANNOYING!!!!

-Leif Robertson

Last edited:
✋️ Newbie here.

Trying to get a limited edition of the singlecut mccarty 594 semi-hollow now. (Deadline tomorrow?) I just found out about this guitar 2 weeks ago... but having tons of problems getting it... just trying to get a lovely new guitar, why is the world we live in has become so difficult?

Anyway. Going to be 50's soon, trying to learn guitar the 3rd time in my life. Hopefully a PRS guitar will help me get through the process.

Horace.

Welcome Horace. Nice choice!

Thanks.... but still can't tell if I can get the guitar I want yet.... trying to get a Copperhead burst, as shown in the PRS promo video.... but the only local dealer here in Hong Kong, is asking me for almost 1.5 x the money of the other colour on the same guitar ... which I don't have... :(

Will see... ;) deadline tomorrow...

Horace

Last edited:
Best of luck!

Thanks.

PRS replied to my message, but everything got too late.. so I couldn't get the copperhead burst at the end... my kinda luck. :( Ordered a fire red burst instead... actually, I prefer natural wood like colour... will see.

Horace
ps. I play a little saxophone as well.o_O

Back