Introduce yourself!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guitargonish, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Darkho

Darkho New Member

Very nice Mozzi ^^
    Not difficult to know with which one you will play everyday ? :p

2. Mozzi

Mozzi Make sure its Fire Red Burst...

If you are talking about the one with the headstock label still being on it as the one that 'doesn't' get played as often...

...You are wrong!

The pictures are not 'new' as I didn't have any recent pics at short notice so I just used some pics of the guitar I already had. I prefer the 594 myself as I like the more vintage tones, the shorter scale length and the more familiar 'Les Paul' arrangement of pots/switches. I prefer Les Pauls to Fender/Super strats which I feel the 509 is closest to. I bought the 509 though to do more modern and 'strat' type tones as well as the trem which I haven't really used in the past - adds to my variety of tone and things that the 594 couldn't give me. They are at the opposite ends of the spectrum in my opinion. But for just everyday practice and jamming, the 594 is my main guitar.

ScottR likes this.
  3. jfb

jfb Plank Owner

2000+ posts??? There's an achievement for that!!!

[​IMG]

bodia and veinbuster like this.
  4. Mozzi

Mozzi Make sure its Fire Red Burst...

Long way to go for me then....

5. jfb

jfb Plank Owner

It's for the post count in the thread. Not for a member.

6. timmypix

timmypix New Member

Hello, newbie here.
    I'm Tim, I'm in the UK. Been lurking/researching these forums for a while but with an imminent NGD I thought I'd better finally muck in!

Played a few friends' PRSes over the years; mostly SEs, although my friend's Dad did have a very nice core model with 3 P-90s that I vaguely remember not appreciating as much as a teenager (no EMGs? No Floyd?) as I would now.

My first one was a PRS SE Cu24 7-string in Amethyst that I picked up in a trade on a whim, and instantly adored. I'd started buying parts to upgrade it when it (and all my other guitars) were stolen last summer. So now I have a 7-string set of locking tuners lying around! I do intend to replace it with a SVN model when the time is right, but I'm in no rush.

When it came to rebuilding after the burglary, I'd been drawn towards trying the SE Bernie Marsden - partly out of curiosity as it had rave reviews, mostly due to vague personal ties to Bernie and him being a huge influence on me growing up. I found out they'd done a limited run in Trampas Green and the hunt was on!

It took a while to find one, and then even longer to get around to gather the parts I wanted to make it mine, but it's now currently with my local tech and I'll be making a NGD post in the next couple of weeks.

jxe, dogrocketp, bodia and 1 other person like this.
  7. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

Welcome to the forum, Tim. Man, I hate thieves with a passion. I hope they get what the deserve in the end. You picked a great one to start rebuilding your herd! The Bernie seriously punches above its price point. Great, great model. Love to see some picks when you get her back!

timmypix likes this.
  8. Yohannah

Yohannah New Member

I'm new here and do not yet own a PRS. I've been busy looking at them, and exploring videos. I visited Baltimore a few weeks ago to see my son and we tried to take a tour, but they were booked up.

dogrocketp likes this.
  9. Anachronism

Anachronism New Member

Greetings, y'all.
    I think of myself as primarily a bass player, but I also play guitar and I've picked up some good guitar gear, perhaps in the belief that it will make me better. It motivates me to play more, so I'm going to claim that it works. I currently have a 513, an HBII and a Custom 24 from PRS.

dogrocketp and Alnus Rubra like this.
  10. jxe

jxe babe en der wood

i once bought a bass rig for this same reason. works!

11. Alnus Rubra

Alnus Rubra Loving nature’s wonders

Welcome, yeah I buy into the psychological effect of good gear making you want to play more!:D

12. Mikeyitup

Mikeyitup New Member

Hi I'm Mike from the UK. Been playing since 1987 on and off. Had Strats, a Les Paul Custom. Didn't like them and sold them. Just acquired a CU24 and have to say its the best guitar I've ever played. Great tone. The pickups are excellent and the neck is exceptional. It's now my main guitar.
    Wanted a PRS since I saw Gary Moore playing one on the ferry aid record in the late 80's. Big Damn Yankees fan and Mr Nugent was using PRS guitars in those days exclusively.

dogrocketp likes this.
  13. PintoMusic

PintoMusic New Member

Hey everyone... I'm new here. I have two PRS guitars... a white S2 Mira and a sunburst SE 277 baritone with P90's. I love them both and most likely will acquire a core model over the next few years. I'm still learning about these guitars so I'm not sure how much I can contribute... but I'll do my best. Cheers!!

dogrocketp likes this.
  14. jxe

jxe babe en der wood

these intros should include expected gradution year and the worst thing you’ve done for money.

15. PintoMusic

PintoMusic New Member

I was afraid somebody would ask those questions... :(

dogrocketp, bodia and Alnus Rubra like this.
  16. Mikeyitup

Mikeyitup New Member

I'm waayyy past graduation and I once drank a yard of cider for a fiver

17. Alnus Rubra

Welcome guys! :D

PintoMusic and Mikeyitup like this.
  18. boogieman75

boogieman75 New Member

Hello all! I am new here as well...and just purchased my 4th PRS... I currently own a Black 25th Anniversary SAS, 2 NF3's and a 2002 Swap Ash Special.

Thanks!

dogrocketp and Alnus Rubra like this.
  19. Alnus Rubra

Welcome Boogieman. Are you a fellow user of the Petaluma amp?:D

20. boogieman75

boogieman75 New Member

Thank you! And Yes! Although not as many as I used to own though. ;) I currently have a 1985 black dot mark III head with the 105 transformer. :)

Anachronism and Alnus Rubra like this.