Introduce yourself!

2000+ posts??? There's an achievement for that!!!

Double+PLATINUM.jpg

Hello, newbie here.
I'm Tim, I'm in the UK. Been lurking/researching these forums for a while but with an imminent NGD I thought I'd better finally muck in!

Played a few friends' PRSes over the years; mostly SEs, although my friend's Dad did have a very nice core model with 3 P-90s that I vaguely remember not appreciating as much as a teenager (no EMGs? No Floyd?) as I would now.

My first one was a PRS SE Cu24 7-string in Amethyst that I picked up in a trade on a whim, and instantly adored. I'd started buying parts to upgrade it when it (and all my other guitars) were stolen last summer. So now I have a 7-string set of locking tuners lying around! I do intend to replace it with a SVN model when the time is right, but I'm in no rush.

When it came to rebuilding after the burglary, I'd been drawn towards trying the SE Bernie Marsden - partly out of curiosity as it had rave reviews, mostly due to vague personal ties to Bernie and him being a huge influence on me growing up. I found out they'd done a limited run in Trampas Green and the hunt was on!

It took a while to find one, and then even longer to get around to gather the parts I wanted to make it mine, but it's now currently with my local tech and I'll be making a NGD post in the next couple of weeks.

Hello, newbie here.
I'm Tim, I'm in the UK. Been lurking/researching these forums for a while but with an imminent NGD I thought I'd better finally muck in!

Played a few friends' PRSes over the years; mostly SEs, although my friend's Dad did have a very nice core model with 3 P-90s that I vaguely remember not appreciating as much as a teenager (no EMGs? No Floyd?) as I would now.

My first one was a PRS SE Cu24 7-string in Amethyst that I picked up in a trade on a whim, and instantly adored. I'd started buying parts to upgrade it when it (and all my other guitars) were stolen last summer. So now I have a 7-string set of locking tuners lying around! I do intend to replace it with a SVN model when the time is right, but I'm in no rush.

When it came to rebuilding after the burglary, I'd been drawn towards trying the SE Bernie Marsden - partly out of curiosity as it had rave reviews, mostly due to vague personal ties to Bernie and him being a huge influence on me growing up. I found out they'd done a limited run in Trampas Green and the hunt was on!

It took a while to find one, and then even longer to get around to gather the parts I wanted to make it mine, but it's now currently with my local tech and I'll be making a NGD post in the next couple of weeks.

Welcome to the forum, Tim. Man, I hate thieves with a passion. I hope they get what the deserve in the end. You picked a great one to start rebuilding your herd! The Bernie seriously punches above its price point. Great, great model. Love to see some picks when you get her back!

Welcome to the PRS Forum!

New members...old members: Who are you? Where are you from? How did you end up on a PRS Forum? How did PRS get on your radar?

I'm new here and do not yet own a PRS. I've been busy looking at them, and exploring videos. I visited Baltimore a few weeks ago to see my son and we tried to take a tour, but they were booked up.

Greetings, y'all.
I think of myself as primarily a bass player, but I also play guitar and I've picked up some good guitar gear, perhaps in the belief that it will make me better. It motivates me to play more, so I'm going to claim that it works. I currently have a 513, an HBII and a Custom 24 from PRS.

i once bought a bass rig for this same reason. works!

Greetings, y'all.
I think of myself as primarily a bass player, but I also play guitar and I've picked up some good guitar gear, perhaps in the belief that it will make me better. It motivates me to play more, so I'm going to claim that it works. I currently have a 513, an HBII and a Custom 24 from PRS.

Greetings, y'all.
Welcome, yeah I buy into the psychological effect of good gear making you want to play more!:D

Hi I'm Mike from the UK. Been playing since 1987 on and off. Had Strats, a Les Paul Custom. Didn't like them and sold them. Just acquired a CU24 and have to say its the best guitar I've ever played. Great tone. The pickups are excellent and the neck is exceptional. It's now my main guitar.
Wanted a PRS since I saw Gary Moore playing one on the ferry aid record in the late 80's. Big Damn Yankees fan and Mr Nugent was using PRS guitars in those days exclusively.

Hey everyone... I'm new here. I have two PRS guitars... a white S2 Mira and a sunburst SE 277 baritone with P90's. I love them both and most likely will acquire a core model over the next few years. I'm still learning about these guitars so I'm not sure how much I can contribute... but I'll do my best. Cheers!!

Hello everyone. I’m Mark and a Prs addict for 20 years or so. I love all of the flavors whether it be an SE or Private Stock or anything in between. To me this is the greatest guitar company in the world by far with a staff that actually cares from the bottom to the top and am honored to be a part of this forum with you guys.

Hello everyone. I’m Mark and a Prs addict for 20 years or so. I love all of the flavors whether it be an SE or Private Stock or anything in between. To me this is the greatest guitar company in the world by far with a staff that actually cares from the bottom to the top and am honored to be a part of this forum with you guys.

Welcome to the forum, Mark!

Back