Introduce yourself!

Welcome Alex!

Congrats of your first(of many) PRSi! Which one is next?

It's standard here that you must provide pics or you're playing a Hello kitty guitar...:eek:

Welcome to the PRS Forum!

New members...old members: Who are you? Where are you from? How did you end up on a PRS Forum? How did PRS get on your radar?

Hello Everyone,
I've come to the forum for several years on and off, always enjoyed it. I've been playing around fifty two years, been on stage and rubbed elbows with some industry greats, and had a good time doing it. I own plenty of guitars other than PRS's, but around 2000 I was in my local music shop (I knew the manager very well) when he brought out a new arrival. When he opened the case it was a Whale Blue 24 Custom with moon inlays. I had to have it!
In 2016 I was shopping for a new Les Paul burst when I saw photos that Sam Ash posted online. It was a Faded Whale Blue 2015 Santana, still in the back of the store, they hadn't even brought it in the showroom yet. It looked like 3D worn jeans or something. I had to have it. Now I promise you I don't have Gear Acquition Syndrome, ...well, ...that's a lie. But anyway, these PRS guitars are the only guitars I have that when I first saw them I felt such a strong pull from. So, here we are. I'm currently living in South Carolina (since 96), recording my new album, and exploring new possibilities.
Thanks for having me, and it's good to meet all of you,
David

Satin Faded Whale Blue 10-top CU24 with Rosewood Neck and Ebony Board
H3341S7.jpg

lRFzhCF.jpg

DoftXvL.jpg

Last edited:
An Introduction that needs no introduction. Nom de plume: VonBach.
Been playing since Shep was a pup. Sold all my gear and quit for a quarter century. Recently was kick-started back into guitars by my wife who got tired of me wandering aimlessly around the neighborhood in my underwear. She bought me the Tele on eBay. Now she's created a monster. A PRS monster at that....somehow, my boss up and gave me (GAVE ME) a 2011 SE Santana. Now I'm hooked on PRS. But The Zebra is a most terrible creature... a true heart-stealer. Like so many others, I've had LPs and Strats and Teles and SGs, Arias and Carvins and...They're all good axes. PRS is GREAT. Maybe I'm deluding myself and am setting myself up for a heartbreak...I THINK it's LOVE...the Zebra is SO beautiful and responsive...it could just be guitar lust... but I think I've found MY guitar...now, if I can just talk my wife into a Sonzera 20.....

Tele01.jpg

Santanas01.jpg

Zebra02_resize.jpg

Zebra04_resize.jpg

Zebra05_resize.jpg

Zebra06_resize.jpg

Zebra03_resize.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,
I've come to the forum for several years on and off, always enjoyed it. I've been playing around fifty two years, been on stage and rubbed elbows with some industry greats, and had a good time doing it. I own plenty of guitars other than PRS's, but around 2000 I was in my local music shop (I knew the manager very well) when he brought out a new arrival. When he opened the case it was a Whale Blue 24 Custom with moon inlays. I had to have it!
In 2016 I was shopping for a new Les Paul burst when I saw photos that Sam Ash posted online. It was a Faded Whale Blue 2015 Santana, still in the back of the store, they hadn't even brought it in the showroom yet. It looked like 3D worn jeans or something. I had to have it. Now I promise you I don't have Gear Acquition Syndrome, ...well, ...that's a lie. But anyway, these PRS guitars are the only guitars I have that when I first saw them I felt such a strong pull from. So, here we are. I'm currently living in South Carolina (since 96), recording my new album, and exploring new possibilities.
Thanks for having me, and it's good to meet all of you,
David

Shhh......don't let everyone in on the Santana secret! Hot guitars, for sure! Yours looks great!

An Introduction that needs no introduction. Nom de plume: VonBach.
Been playing since Shep was a pup. Sold all my gear and quit for a quarter century. Recently was kick-started back into guitars by my wife who got tired of me wandering aimlessly around the neighborhood in my underwear. She bought me the Tele on eBay. Now she's created a monster. A PRS monster at that....somehow, my boss up and gave me (GAVE ME) a 2011 SE Santana. Now I'm hooked on PRS. But The Zebra is a most terrible creature... a true heart-stealer. Like so many others, I've had LPs and Strats and Teles and SGs, Arias and Carvins and...They're all good axes. PRS is GREAT. Maybe I'm deluding myself and am setting myself up for a heartbreak...I THINK it's LOVE...the Zebra is SO beautiful and responsive...it could just be guitar lust... but I think I've found MY guitar...now, if I can just talk my wife into a Sonzera 20.....

Welcome to the forum! Just buy it, and ask for forgiveness. Or, do something unusually nice for your wife, and reward yourself with an amp!

Hi, My name is Mozzi and just got my 2nd PRS - the (2017) 509 in Fire Red to go with my (2016) 594 - also in Fire Red as you can see from my Avatar pic.

I have been playing guitar on and off for more years than I care to admit to - and some may say I should be 'better' at playing than I am now LOL.

As far as genres go, I prefer Rock/Metal but mostly before grunge happened. I do like most 'guitar' genres and watch stunned at those percussive guitarists. My guitar heroes are Slash, Vai, Satriani, Petrucci etc so you get an idea of where my musical taste lies.

I fell in love with PRS when I saw the first one with Birds on the neck back in the 80's and its taken me years to actually own one myself.

Very nice Mozzi ^^
Not difficult to know with which one you will play everyday ? :p

If you are talking about the one with the headstock label still being on it as the one that 'doesn't' get played as often...

...You are wrong!

The pictures are not 'new' as I didn't have any recent pics at short notice so I just used some pics of the guitar I already had. I prefer the 594 myself as I like the more vintage tones, the shorter scale length and the more familiar 'Les Paul' arrangement of pots/switches. I prefer Les Pauls to Fender/Super strats which I feel the 509 is closest to. I bought the 509 though to do more modern and 'strat' type tones as well as the trem which I haven't really used in the past - adds to my variety of tone and things that the 594 couldn't give me. They are at the opposite ends of the spectrum in my opinion. But for just everyday practice and jamming, the 594 is my main guitar.

Back