Introduce yourself!

Hey All!

My name's Cory but folks call me Cor, Big Cor and Cojo. If ya holler at me in town, I'll respond to all three.

Married, three kids, disabled vet, music/guitar GEEK!!! Just now getting back into playing after a 5 year hiatus. Started playing when I was a young pup. Grew up in a musical family and surrounded by musical people. 'Uncle Chuck' (Del Shannon to the rest of the world) was a close family friend. He gave me my first guitar and guitar lessons when I was in (4th or) 5th grade. A few years later he gave me a Tom Scholz Rockman v 1 (1982) and I was off like a rocket. Played in a small truckload of bands in the '90s. Gave up bands and start recording when the Roland VS1680 and ACID Pro v1.0 came out. When our youngest daughter was born it was a little too much for Mama to handle on her own so I packed everything up and put it all under the bed until a few months ago. Small time luthier/repair guy for several years but closed up shop when I was unable to keep up with the workload because of health issues.

I've avoided PRS for too many years and finally purchased my first PRS SE245 a few days ago. I've been in love with them as I've played several that came into the shop. Just... The "Oh My God!" factor was in full effect. Just astounding instruments. Last year I injured my fretting hand (Avoid try to play Shawn Lane licks on long scale instruments and 12 gauge strings at all cost) and I had a choice... Stop playing guitar for a year or got easy. I chose to go easy. Short scale lengths and light strings. When I got into shorter scale instruments I started looking at Les Paul and such. Went to a local store and played a used 245. That was it... I came home and ordered one from Sweetwater. Aaaaaaand... We're off! :eek:)

Hey folks, another new member here!

My name is martin and great to be here. I live in ny,USA. Been playing guitar for over 5 years. I love music and cooking actually. Been playing PRS for years, My mother bought the guitar new from Washington Music Center when she visited. I love the quality of the prs line and the look. I love playing with my SE 245 guitar and I vow NEVER to sell it. It's just beautiful. Thats it for now I guess, see you all around!

Welcome Martin. Glad you are here. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Great info here. Lots of helpful people.

Hi, I'm Federico from Argentina. I recently bought a 2009 SE Tremonti and well, this is my new-old baby.

32334_10201117990848816_610635455_n.jpg

And now the only change (for now) are the knobs
478304_10201117991688837_858614184_o.jpg

That is awesome! How did you get them to put an image of you on the guitar?

Just kidding. :biggrin:

Looks really nice, especially with the new knobs.

That is awesome! How did you get them to put an image of you on the guitar?

Just kidding. :biggrin:

Looks really nice, especially with the new knobs.

It's a kind of magic:biggrin: Thanks! After the change of my amp, I will change the pickups to upgrade the guitar a bit. It's my first "mid-level" and it feels so good :p However, sometimes I miss my ex Schecter jajaja

s'pose I should say g'day! Name is Adam, I've been hanging around here for a week or so. Married with a beautiful daughter, and I love collecting guitars, and lately, tattoos.

I have a private stock on order to complete my collection...

539820_10151089860248665_1313204924_n.jpg

Welcome to the forum Adam. You may be the first guitarist I know with a complete collection. Everyone I know wants at least one more. :laugh: Can't wait to see pics of the PS.

Back