Introduce myself

Dennis Kim

My 1st venture into electric guitars happened on Saturday, September 11,2021. I am an acoustic player and never ventured to strike up the electric instrument. Since i retired 3+ years ago, I have been toying with the idea more and more. I just didn't know where to start! Besides, I was never really into Heavy Metal genre of music; more of a Folk and Hawaiian Music person. I wanted electric that was versatile enough to do pretty much anything that I was willing to investigate...lol I came across a YouTube clip of the HollowBody II Piezo and it definitely piqued my interest. During my research I had discovered that PRS was considered one of the better brands out on the market. Since I am definitely noon a good player, I did not want to spend the amount for the Custom, or the other models in the $2K+ range. But I also did not want a very cheap guitar after having 2 Martins and 3 Taylor 800 series guitars in my collection. The SE line seemed to be the answer to my search. The SE Hollowbody II Piezo seemed to be the most logical choice for my purpose. The only concern that I had was that it was manufactured in China and I was not a big fan of Made in China goods. To date every single thing that I have bought that was made in China all had to be returned at least 1x because of quality issues. On Saturday I visited Wildcat Guitars here in San Diego, CA; not really with the intention of purchasing on that day, but to have a look at the quality of construction. Needless to say, I was blown away when I saw the Peacock Blue SE HBII Piezo. Absolutely perfect, I could not find anything visually out of place!!! All joints were properly aligned and the veneered flamed maple was beautiful. It was the only one of the model that they had, so I immediately purchased it after playing and having it demo'ed by their professional technician. Why did I buy it so quickly even if I didn't have an electric guitar amp at home, was the fact that I could plug it directly into my acoustic amp and enjoy playing while waiting for my Yamaha THR II being delivered tomorrow!!! Having a little buyers remorse, I even re-examined the entire guitar with glasses used by watch repair technicians, haha...I could find nothing that was wrong cosmetically with the instrument. I am totally happy with this purchase. Ive not had this much fun playing a new instrument as I have had with this one. Ive not touched my acoustics in the last 2 days. I already have it on my list for a Custom, Private Stock model in a couple of years. Kudos to PRS and especially their Quality Control department.

Dennis, welcome to the forum, and you made a great choice for your first PRS. Since you're from the acoustic school and now venturing into the electric world, don't worry about passing on the heavy metal if that's not your thing. Blues rock, roots rock, prog rock, country rock, folk rock - what did I leave out? So many places to rock out on an electric guitar. Heck, that's why man discovered electricity ;)

Back