Intro and NGD

Mike63

Hello,

Thank you for the welcome.

I've been playing guitar on and off since I was 16 and I'm 58 now. I've been busy with work so I'm not as good as it sounds.

Mostly I have traded and collected Gibson Les Paul guitars over the years ( I never had a super collectable one ) and I had a PRS once before that I had to sell before I got to play it much.

Recently I'm frustrated with Gibson, and have been selling my Les Pauls.

Last year I bought a 3 P90 pickup Korina KL380 which I just got out of storage.

Yesterday I bought a PRS Custom 24-08 Livingston Lemondrop Wood Library Quilted Maple 10 Top Korina Neck Brazilian Rosewood fretboard which is being shipped right now.

Both are amazing and not for the faint of heart. Pricey, but so much more for the money than a similarly priced Gibson. I'm definitely a PRS convert and looking forward to reading, learning, listening and contributing to the PRS Forum.

Thank you for having me.

Mike

Welcome to the forum and congrats.

Would love to see pics when you get the chance.

Welcome to the forum! Many of us were big fans of other makers before PRS won us over, so you’re in friendly company. Both I and others here still own non-PRS guitars, we just happen to enjoy the PRS instruments more!

Post some pics when your new addition arrives. We love seeing those new family members arriving!

Hi Mike,

Same story here, got rid of my Gibson for my Vela.

Was always disappointed in my les paul and it also weighed a ton, picked up the Vela and difference was night and day, all the little quality niggles I had with the Gibson I had to put right, The Vela perfect in every way straight out of the box.

Hello,

Yesterday I bought a PRS Custom 24-08 Livingston Lemondrop Wood Library Quilted Maple 10 Top Korina Neck Brazilian Rosewood fretboard which is being shipped right now.

Wow, you don't do things half way! Sounds like it will be amazing, enjoy it and welcome!

Welcome aboard Mike!
Congrats on a couple fine sounding axes. Love to see some pics.

Thank you for the welcome messages and interest in the guitar. I apologize I have not been by for a bit. I'm not sure that I see a chance to post a pic perhaps because I am a new user. Quilted Maple top, Korina back and neck, Brazilian Rosewood fretboard. Extremely lightweight and balanced. Well thought-out, superb design and attention to detail. An electric guitar for the 21st Century,

Thank you for the welcome messages and interest in the guitar. I apologize I have not been by for a bit. I'm not sure that I see a chance to post a pic perhaps because I am a new user. Quilted Maple top, Korina back and neck, Brazilian Rosewood fretboard. Extremely lightweight and balanced. Well thought-out, superb design and attention to detail. An electric guitar for the 21st Century,
The description is taunting me/us.
Make a few more posts and upload the pics to a sharing site and let us see!:D

Did I mention these guitar also have switches allowing the artist the choice between single and double coil options and all of the combinations thereof, meaning that, a talented musician would only need one solid body electric guitar for life. Naturally, it's important for us all to have several, plus a collection of acoustics, but the actual need is no longer there.

Back