International flight - checking in a guitar case...

Will you be bringing these back home with you, or is this the final destination for the guitars?
They are 'home' now.
They were still in Germany with my parents for the last 20 years, so I brought them to sunny Cali on this trip where they'll stay.
Except now my wife wants a bigger house to make room for all these guitars... o_O

Also interestingly, they did not need as much fingerboard oil or had any issues with drying. Well two had maple anyways. The Les Paul has ebony which looked fined. Still applied some. The other (Yamaha RGX521) has rosewood, which was ok but did need some. No shrinkage though. I added the PRS fingerboard stuff.
I still have a double-neck there that I made back in the days, where the rosewood boards really needed it. Gaps around the inlays and it just soaked it up when I applied it.

The double-neck is still there, the one with the f-hole was taken apart and in the suitcase...
https://imgur.com/gallery/kjxtjcJ

yJr8Ocl.jpg

glad to see it made it ok! I'll have to order some of those shock tags, too.

They are 'home' now.
They were still in Germany with my parents for the last 20 years, so I brought them to sunny Cali on this trip where they'll stay.
Except now my wife wants a bigger house to make room for all these guitars... o_O

Also interestingly, they did not need as much fingerboard oil or had any issues with drying. Well two had maple anyways. The Les Paul has ebony which looked fined. Still applied some. The other (Yamaha RGX521) has rosewood, which was ok but did need some. No shrinkage though. I added the PRS fingerboard stuff.
I still have a double-neck there that I made back in the days, where the rosewood boards really needed it. Gaps around the inlays and it just soaked it up when I applied it.

The double-neck is still there, the one with the f-hole was taken apart and in the suitcase...
https://imgur.com/gallery/kjxtjcJ

yJr8Ocl.jpg
Glad your guitar arrived safely.

Nice twin-neck. Gotoh bridges by any chance?

Glad your guitar arrived safely.

Nice twin-neck. Gotoh bridges by any chance?
Thanks!
I think they’re Gotoh. It’s been 20+ years but I typically got Gotoh or Sperzel tuners (and Gotoh T-O-Ms for other guitars).
StewMac and Carvin were my main sources. The maple I got locally in rough sawn logs and had a carpenter friend plane it.

so you made it. anyone have experience moving a house cat across the lower 48? are there special pet planes? mark leaf cases?

so you made it. anyone have experience moving a house cat across the lower 48? are there special pet planes? mark leaf cases?
Lots of bubble wrap. Just leave some breathing holes. Should arrive in purrfect condition! :eek:

but i’m serious! he is really cute too.
don't let them stuff it in the overhead like that other poor pug on United. I'd drive. Flying is too risky for animals IMO. Btw, they only report deaths of the ones with owners. If a breeder sends a dog, it's still an 'item' and not reported...

I've seen people bring cats on airliners in carriers that will fit under the seat. Seems to work fine, subject to the temperament of the cat.

Reactions: jxe
Back