Interface for two amps into one cab

Yup, it's pretty simple. There's a clean boost and A/B/C &Y inside. There's a 1/4" input on the front, and 7 on the back. There are also on/off toggles on the front. It looks like this:

IflnRGQ.gif

How does your switching system deal with switching the signal ground to only the selected amp to prevent hum, and does it present a dummy load to the two amps that aren’t powering the cab? Just curious how you’re doing this without potential ground loops and damage to the amps (by running them without a load)?

How does your switching system deal with switching the signal ground to only the selected amp to prevent hum, and does it present a dummy load to the two amps that aren’t powering the cab? Just curious how you’re doing this without potential ground loops and damage to the amps (by running them without a load)?

I don't know if I'm not properly understanding, or solving through oversimplification, but:

I only turn on the amp that I'm using.

Does that sound like the right answer? ;)

I don't know if I'm not properly understanding, or solving through oversimplification, but:

I only turn on the amp that I'm using.

Does that sound like the right answer? ;)

Partially. The need for a load box is eliminated, however, it doesn’t account for signal ground loops.

If the switcher is connected to all three amps, even it two are switched off, the signal can still find multiple paths to ground, creating a ground loop that can cause hums and buzzes.

Some signal switchers lift the signal ground to the amps that aren’t in use to solve this problem, but most don’t. So I was curious how you were doing that.

Partially. The need for a load box is eliminated, however, it doesn’t account for signal ground loops.

If the switcher is connected to all three amps, even it two are switched off, the signal can still find multiple paths to ground, creating a ground loop that can cause hums and buzzes.

Some signal switchers lift the signal ground to the amps that aren’t in use to solve this problem, but most don’t. So I was curious how you were doing that.

Ok, I understand.

I'm using this Morley, but I don't know if it's handling the ground loop for me.

Do you have any suggestions for how to test and/or a way to ensure it's not present?

Back