Interesting Nite

IKnowALittle

Well, I didn't gig tonite. Went and saw another band. They were fabulous.
Got me dancin' (and I don't dance) to "sugar, sugar" and then followed it with "sweet caroline".
Was waitin' for engelbert for the trifecta but didn't happen. it was fun, sneer all u want.
that was all in the second set.
third set was really, realty good. last three songs were "mony, mony", "u shook me" and "sweet home alabama".
anyway, great band, good time. I don't go out to be miserable and criticize like most guitarists do ... just enjoy.

Awesome!,, I am getting into my umpteenth band, having just turned 50 , and still enjoy that stuff...some people have gotten bored with those types of tunes ( the ones you hear at every bar or party) but they're still a lot of fun to play, as they get people moving, and the bar owners like that, too! ($$$$)

Awesome!,, I am getting into my umpteenth band, having just turned 50 , and still enjoy that stuff...some people have gotten bored with those types of tunes ( the ones you hear at every bar or party) but they're still a lot of fun to play, as they get people moving, and the bar owners like that, too! ($$$$)

I'm in the same boat. I'll be 50 in 6 months and I'm in my 11th band. Yikes!!!#

To be honest, I'm a charter member of the "White Men Can't Dance" fraternity, but the woman you're with makes all the difference in determining how big a fool your willing to make of yourself :D.
They were the only two really lamish songs played all nite. Played quite a few popular, but not standard fare, songs.
It was a real pleasure to see an excellent band and be able to just sit back and enjoy it. I root for everyone to do well when it comes down to it.

I'm not very graceful but I wish I was. When my wife and I decide to go out and things are just right we will cut loose. That can be fun! I like to watch people have a good time for sure just don't care for stupid drunks.

I'm currently in two working cover bands.
Here's a partial songlist from BACKBEAT http://backbeatband.weebly.com/partial-song-list.html
Here's a partial songlist from CONSENTING ADULTS http://consentingadults.weebly.com/on-stage.html

Both bands are very different, but both are working fairly steady. When it stops being fun, I'll pack it in.
Me....?? I'm 63 (retired computer AutoCad tech).

I also fill in with a country band periodically, and I'm often out listening to other bands play. We all know one another anyways.

As long as you're having fun.....go for it. Life's too short.

Back