Interesting Modeling Video - Quad Cortex.

Wait, if it's indistinguishable from amps, as people claim, why does it need an upgrade at all?
Either it's perfect or it isn't.

:oops:

[insert time lapse sound and video effects]

Summer, 2023:

"Hello Vietnam Veterans of America, I have a 2022 Kemper I'd like to donate. Can you come pick it up if I leave it on the front porch?"

"We're not accepting those. They're obsolete. Sorry. Do you know a kid who's learning how to play guitar? Might work for someone like that."

"Wait, you mean this thing is now a doorstop??"

"Depends on the size of your door. If it's a very big door, you might need the powered version to hold the door open, the other ones are too light weight."

If only I wasn't so snarky and impossible! ;)

"People hate you."

"Of course they do! I even hate myself! And so what, I'm old. I don't care. Why, just ask Gustave Flaubert!"

"You can calculate the worth of a man by the number of his enemies, and the importance of a work of art by the harm that is spoken of it."

--- Gustave Flaubert

"Just a minute. Who the f#ck is that?"

"Wait, you know nothing of the 19th Century French Realism literary movement? Flaubert was the master of the genre!"

"So he was just another writer who sold a lot of books and became self important, right?"

"Go and wash your mouth out right now for disparaging this great man that only the uneducated don't remember!"

"With what?"

"Retrospecti-Scope?"

Last edited:
I'm pretty certain Les zapped himself replacing a tube back in the 19th century! :p
Vacuum tubes weren't invented until 1904. But close enough!!!" ;)

It just occurred to me that the time difference between 1904 and when I started playing in bands was roughly the same time difference between when I started playing and today.

:eek:

Wanna feel really, really old?

Welcome to my world.

Wait, if it's indistinguishable from amps, as people claim, why does it need an upgrade at all?
Either it's perfect or it isn't.
Probably For The Same Reason People Went From A Flip Phone To An iPhone To The New iPhone 45 Model That Will Be Out Soon Enough. A Phone Is A Phone Right? Why Do We Need An Upgrade? Either The Phone Works Or It Doesn't...

I still love mine. This doesn’t bother me anymore than when it happens in other areas. It’s just modern life.
Well it goes against every "best practice" in the IT industry going on 20 years! Why would the dummies save an individual's WIFI SID and password, along with their email and name in PLAIN TEXT. And then transmit it unencrypted over the internet to their servers? Laughable, cryable and despicable company of morons. The Euro GDPR is surely going to put a hurt on them, and rightfully so.

Well it goes against every "best practice" in the IT industry going on 20 years! Why would the dummies save an individual's WIFI SID and password, along with their email and name in PLAIN TEXT. And then transmit it unencrypted over the internet to their servers? Laughable, cryable and despicable company of morons. The Euro GDPR is surely going to put a hurt on them, and rightfully so.
I’m not an IT guy so I don’t know any of that. How could having my wifi password give a hacker access to my data? Tell me like I’m 5. Lol

I’m not an IT guy so I don’t know any of that. How could having my wifi password give a hacker access to my data? Tell me like I’m 5. Lol
Someone having your Wifi password gives them access to your network. When on your network that person can see the other devices on your network.
Then it's usually a simple matter of accessing your devices and/or drives.

1000x this. When I saw the list of the data they were logging, my immediate thought was "WTF do they need that for? That's a security nightmare waiting to happen." There is ZERO need for them to log your WiFi password, and the need for the WiFi network name itself is pretty close to zero.

That's unacceptable by QC. Hopefully they notified everyone?

On a side note, the Kemper site has been down for me all morning. I wonder if it has anything to do with the upcoming announcement?

Last edited:
Well it goes against every "best practice" in the IT industry going on 20 years!
It's scary how lax Neural's security is. And if they're that stupid/lazy with what they're doing with the user data then they probably aren't much better at securing their own systems. A disaster waiting to happen.

Back