Interesting custom color

docteurseb

Saw this recently built beauty couple days ago.

It's described as a custom color. I have to agree, though I'm not sure if it was an intentional color or a failed experiment.

Your thoughts ? :p

h57LCFr.jpg

I’m wondering about what looks like a puddle of lighter color on the bottom of the guitar. The rest of the guitar looks fine to me, and I’d definitely consider it. I love charcoal purple. I have a charcoal purple Frankenstrat for sale on the bay right now.

Just found another one, the shop describes it as 'Faded violet (custom color)'.
That does actually look quite fine on that specimen which spots a much better looking top (better photographs/lighting help too):

IMG_1416LEAD_2048x.jpg

The second one looks nice! The hard fade line under the tone knob on the first one looks pretty questionable. The faded violet is not all that faded, the actual violet color seems just as purple as it is on my regular violet. Looks more like a light wipe of charcoal before or after the violet to bring out the stripes.

The first one indeed looks like "bowling ball bruise." Second one I'd call simply "faded violet." Both look very interesting, sultry even... I'd take either, or both!

I think its just lighting and reflection. These tops are hard to photograph, most of them always look better in real life. Photograph skills aside, I like the first one better with its interesting figuring.

Back