Interested in your opinion on current price inflation

I could, Les, but it would get me banned. That being said, in contrast to the usual gloom and doom predictions, I personally have a hope for a very positive, bright future.

Discouragement is temporary. You just need endure the "hurt" a little while until things improve.

I'm not really discouraged. I was kidding around.

My recent Reverb observations are also opposite to the OP. I have my Core Custom 24 on there (for local pickup only right now), that's why I've been watching those. I've noticed open box or returned mint ones being sold by big online stores for almost 1k below the regular new price. :( Good thing I'm not in a rush.

My recent Reverb observations are also opposite to the OP. I have my Core Custom 24 on there (for local pickup only right now), that's why I've been watching those. I've noticed open box or returned mint ones being sold by big online stores for almost 1k below the regular new price. :( Good thing I'm not in a rush.
Local pickup is defn gonna limit your market. Reverb's UPS Ground discount is really good - I shipped the SE for ~$20. Since I already had guitar boxes and packing material and I charged $50 for shipping, I accidentally made an extra $30!

Shipping a core in a case could cost a fair bit more than an SE in a gig bag tho.

Yeah, but the big box stores may be hurting for business, and trying to cut there losses. I sold two on consignment recently. I thought the dealer listed them too high, but he was confident that we should hold the prices. He was right. It took a couple of months longer, but one of them actually sold for more than I paid for it.

I agree lots of crazy listing prices but not as much selling at those prices. It takes a price drop or offer to move vs sitting. Yes there are days its like feeding frenzy but others that are slow.

Several items I'm interested in I've noticed are already dropping. It'll take a while for more sales at reasonable prices before it comes near the "norm" again. That way when people look up recent sale prices or current listing prices they get a better idea what its really worth.

Inflation is a bear when you are the buyer, but pretty good if you are the seller. :)

That’s why you should always buy the guitar you want now and not later :D

Back