INGD: I just put a deposit down on a 2008 Core Mira

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! Seems to be a thing with most my humbucker guitars, I favour lower output PAF style pickups but usually that means, at least in the bridge that the lows aren't as prominent as more overwound humbuckers.

I love how the guitar cleans up in humbucker mode when I lower the volume. Getting lots of different tones between the different positions by changing volume and full humbucker or split modes. Loving the blade selector over a normal toggle too. Wonderful guitar, absolute score at $1200 AUD.

Thinking of adding one of these schaller wraparound trems for some wiggle action, I've gotten too used to my trem guitars dammit! No modding or alterations required so win win, hahaha.
z-vc-tremolo-les-paul-z-z.jpg
Didn't know these were available. Please let me know how it works!

Modcat confirms a regular neck carve, yay! Just strung up with new strings in my gauge and quick adjustment to suit. Great sounds, I really love the neck pickup in both humbucking and split. Combined is great too. Split really reminds me of a telecaster. Feels wonderful to play, loving the narrower neck. Nice to be able to tune down easily without the floating trem bridge throwing things off too.

One problem I always find is once I've dialed in everything to suit the neck pickup is the bridge position can tend to sound a little too bright and lacks as much low end muscle. Is there any particular bridge pickup in the 7-9k region that rectifies this and has thicker lower mids? I have this problem to varying degrees with most my dual humbucker guitars.
Put a cover on it, that should put the sound where you want it.

My '09 Mira Korina has been sporting a pearl pickguard and 57/08s for a decade (the pearl truss rod cover has been replaced with a custom engraved one that says "L'il Miss K"). I agree that the stock core Mira pickups are bright. That is why I used my PTC coupon to do the pickup swap.

O5HtniF.jpg

Didn't know these were available. Please let me know how it works!
The write up made it appear that it works for wraparounds but looking at spec sheets it only fits tunomatics. Only other option is the stetsbar, I just hate the way it looks. Maybe I'll warm to it. It needs to be reversible, I don't want to change my mind after have holes drilled that can't fixed without a refinish.

That being said, I'm liking the solidity of a stoptail and being able drop tune at a moments notice.

My '09 Mira Korina has been sporting a pearl pickguard and 57/08s for a decade (the pearl truss rod cover has been replaced with a custom engraved one that says "L'il Miss K"). I agree that the stock core Mira pickups are bright. That is why I used my PTC coupon to do the pickup swap.

O5HtniF.jpg

Mine looks really similar! Such a great guitar.

Had a Korina myself (sold just a couple weeks ago), preceded by a mapletop. Would probably buy yet another if the right one came up, I guess an original mahogany next time! And yes the Korinas were limited to 100pcs.

Had a Korina myself (sold just a couple weeks ago), preceded by a mapletop. Would probably buy yet another if the right one came up, I guess an original mahogany next time! And yes the Korinas were limited to 100pcs.

The KL's were limited to 100, but I think the Korina Miras were just a limited option during the Mira ages.

PRS must have gotten a pretty sweet deal on a tractor trailer's worth of black limba back in 2008 because for a short while they had Korina this and that and everything else.

The KL's were limited to 100, but I think the Korina Miras were just a limited option during the Mira ages.

I believe that the korina versions of the KL, McCarty, and Mira were all limited runs. The Mira Korina was only produced in 2009. I wonder if Shawn can verify this information for us.

PRS must have gotten a pretty sweet deal on a tractor trailer's worth of black limba back in 2008 because for a short while they had Korina this and that and everything else.

The limba that PRS used is actually white limba. The korina guitars do not have the mineral streaks that are the tell-tale signs of black limba.

Back