INGD: I just put a deposit down on a 2008 Core Mira

DSCF3167.jpg

I just put a deposit down on this bad boy, a 2008 Core Mira in powder blue, $1195 AUD ($800 USD) with OG case. Couldn't resist as the price kept creeping lower and lower. In super clean condition.

I had my eye on that one and thought about it. Nearly pulled the trigger. Very cool color. Would look even better with a pearloid pick guard (IMO).
Nice grab!

I really like the Mira, pickups sound great. The neck is a little skinnier than S2 carve, but Ive adjusted to it, and even my S2s were slightly different with the same named carve, the SC being heftiest

I wish that vibramate made a wraparound conversion piece. I have a Bigsby just sitting there ready to go!

The neck is a wide thin which I’m used to but I’m secretly wishing it was a regular, haha.

I’ve already pondered a pearloid guard!

Nice Mira's!

Also, just throwing it out there in case anyone is interested, I have pickups out of an 1992 HSH EGII that I'm looking to sell to help fund this Mira, two HFS humbuckers (one is reverse wound) and a fralin single coil. Probably will go up on reverb if no one is interested.

She arrived! 100% in tune as well. Really digging it. Was advertised as a wide thin but as soon as I picked her up something felt different. Measured the width at the nut and bam, it’s a regular carve! Bonus as all my other PRS are variations on wide thin which I’m used to and can play easily but I do prefer slightly skinnier as I’m used to vintage strat neck dimensions.

Loving the split tones. Still need to put my gauge strings on and set up for that but already really liking the vibe. Going to chuck some nickel covers on the humbuckers as soon as I get a chance.

Was half pondering fitting a bigsby but I already have 4 other PRS Trem guitars so unless I can get a vibramate style no mod attachment made that avoids drilling that’s fairly unlikely at this point.

Pics to come...

She arrived! 100% in tune as well. Really digging it. Was advertised as a wide thin but as soon as I picked her up something felt different. Measured the width at the nut and bam, it’s a regular carve! Bonus as all my other PRS are variations on wide thin which I’m used to and can play easily but I do prefer slightly skinnier as I’m used to vintage strat neck dimensions.

Loving the split tones. Still need to put my gauge strings on and set up for that but already really liking the vibe. Going to chuck some nickel covers on the humbuckers as soon as I get a chance.

Was half pondering fitting a bigsby but I already have 4 other PRS Trem guitars so unless I can get a vibramate style no mod attachment made that avoids drilling that’s fairly unlikely at this point.

Pics to come...
Sweet!

Modcat confirms a regular neck carve, yay! Just strung up with new strings in my gauge and quick adjustment to suit. Great sounds, I really love the neck pickup in both humbucking and split. Combined is great too. Split really reminds me of a telecaster. Feels wonderful to play, loving the narrower neck. Nice to be able to tune down easily without the floating trem bridge throwing things off too.

One problem I always find is once I've dialed in everything to suit the neck pickup is the bridge position can tend to sound a little too bright and lacks as much low end muscle. Is there any particular bridge pickup in the 7-9k region that rectifies this and has thicker lower mids? I have this problem to varying degrees with most my dual humbucker guitars.

One problem I always find is once I've dialed in everything to suit the neck pickup is the bridge position can tend to sound a little too bright and lacks as much low end muscle. Is there any particular bridge pickup in the 7-9k region that rectifies this and has thicker lower mids? I have this problem to varying degrees with most my dual humbucker guitars.

They put a tone knob on the guitar for that very purpose...use it...:)

They put a tone knob on the guitar for that very purpose...use it...:)
It's not just the treble but also the lower mids I'd like to have thicker in the treble position. If I dial in more lows to where I like it with the treble pickup the bass position gets too muddy.

It's not just the treble but also the lower mids I'd like to have thicker in the treble position. If I dial in more lows to where I like it with the treble pickup the bass position gets too muddy.
Ok, you could try lowering it a little. The Mira pickups are uncovered SC245's so that might help you in your search. If you want to go PAF, there are many. I would be happy with a regular old SD 59.

Back