INGD: I just put a deposit down on a 2008 Core Mira

dwrockdoctor

DSCF3167.jpg

I just put a deposit down on this bad boy, a 2008 Core Mira in powder blue, $1195 AUD ($800 USD) with OG case. Couldn't resist as the price kept creeping lower and lower. In super clean condition.

Last edited:
Nice! Love the Mira, light and resonant.

That's a beautiful Mira! Keep the stoptail. It's a nice change from time to time

I second this motion! I normally play my 513s with the trem, but it's lovely to be able to do a huge bend without the adjacent strings going flat until you let it go... that stop tail has a beauty all it's own.

The way I figure it, with the Schaller Trem it’s 100% reversible so if I end up liking the wraparound stop tail more I can just revert back and use the Schaller elsewhere

Will do @sergiodeblanc there’s a few promising videos on YouTube for flaxwood guitars of them. Has a wider travel than a Bigsby and can get a good wobble on. Probably nothing on a proper PRS trem but it’ll be for subtle work anyway. Would love a Bigsby but that means drilling which I don’t want to do.

as long as the post spacing is the same you should be good to go. Always worth a try to do reversible mods :D

as long as the post spacing is the same you should be good to go. Always worth a try to do reversible mods :D

Pretty sure it’s a match, what’s the spacing for a PRS wraparound again?

They’re a little expensive but there isn’t any other choices besides Schaller and Stetsbar and I don’t like the look as much of the Stetsbar. The Schaller is nice and tidy and has a small footprint that still keeps the look close to OG.

You are SO going to dig that guitar. COOL color too! Big congrats!

I’d suggest playing it for a while before you mod, and not doing anything you can’t reverse. The guitar stands pretty tall as it is.

The more I look into the schaller the more it seems like it might not fit. The write up says it'll fit both TOM and wraparound style bridges but the diagram of it has the center to center of the bridge holes at 75mm. I don't see how it'd be a retrofit for a wraparound spacing.

Back