Indy 500

11top

Cousin Eddie's cousin
Just got home from the best 500 I've ever seen. I didn't want Franchitti, but it was a great race with about 12 guys bunched together on the final lap. Hotter than hell, but at least we were in the shade. I already can't wait for next year.

Why didn't you invite me?

I want it in the public record that Mike Hansen aka Zilmo is invited to next year's Indy 500 sitting next to yours truly. However since I can't remember what I had for breakfast, Mr. Zilmo will have to help me remember. See you next May.

By the way, best seats in the house- Stand B under the pavillian, with views through turns 4 , 1 , and 2. And across from the pits.

I want it in the public record that Mike Hansen aka Zilmo is invited to next year's Indy 500 sitting next to yours truly. However since I can't remember what I had for breakfast, Mr. Zilmo will have to help me remember. See you next May.

By the way, best seats in the house- Stand B under the pavillian, with views through turns 4 , 1 , and 2. And across from the pits.
Man, I was right near you! Our seats are Stand B Box 7 Row Q. We have 8 there. We come in a motorhome Saturday morning and leave late Sunday evening. I've been going since the mid '80s but the seats have been my friends since the early '70s.
One of the best finishes I've seen there and I'm a Dario fan, so that made it even better! It would have been cool if Sato won though.
tfancil

I was bummed when Sato spun out. Been a fan before he passed Alonso.

I was pulling for Reubens and Tony. Maybe next year. I'm still not too sure about "open wheel" cars that have rear bumpers and mostly enclosed rear wheels. My Dad took us to Indy a couple times back in '79-'80 or '81, it was a blast. I'd like to go again. Soon. Steve.

I was pulling for Reubens and Tony. Maybe next year. I'm still not too sure about "open wheel" cars that have rear bumpers and mostly enclosed rear wheels. My Dad took us to Indy a couple times back in '79-'80 or '81, it was a blast. I'd like to go again. Soon. Steve.

Daniel:
Your seat's next to Z's, and a stone throws from Troy's in stand B, Box 8, row V.

Last edited:
This was also the hottest 500 in history. Nothing quite like sitting on an aluminum convection oven for hours. Thank god the snake pit returned!!!

It is indeed the greatest spectacle in racing, and just the coolest venue on the planet. But after 25+ years of attending - even worked there as a kid - I'm burned out...literally and figuratively. My lawn chair in the woods next to a cooler full of beer was just fine to see the two Mustangs, A-10 and F-16 fly over head. Glad you guys had a good time.

I haven't forgotten your kind offer Steve. One day............I'll make it.

Back