Indie Film I Scored Won Another Award.

László

Too Many Notes
I did a very simple score for a screenwriter friend’s indie film. Took me an afternoon, wasn’t supposed to be a big deal. This is the second indie film festival it’s won an award for. My friend just sent me this in a text.

You just never know with this stuff.

M0TPjjO.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work Les!
What wasn't supposed to be a big deal, turned out to be.
Congrats!

Les,

Congratulations! You’ve done well these past few months, and I worry that the honors may cause you a little angst somehow. My worry stems from your good-natured approach of being objective and positive-minded to all you converse with online. While there is nothing wrong, my worry is that you somehow might forget your humble beginnings.

I realize that this sounds like a criticism, but I assure you, it is not. Hopefully, these words will reach your heart and motivate you to avoid being too prideful when you receive honors. Credit your creativity to the ones who taught you , or raised you, or gave you the gift of life.

If perhaps you may feel I am overstepping my abilities or trying to rain on your parade, I withdraw to my room and will offer my own thanks for your friendship towards all. I feel that your common sense has served you well. May you not judge me for speaking my heart to you.

Back