Indie Film I Scored Won Another Award.

While there is nothing wrong, my worry is that you somehow might forget your humble beginnings.

Nah. Indie films aren't a big deal. I'm just in a good mood over it and wanted to brag a little.

“Feminine Shadow”…was a there a lot of wah?:p:D

Here's the setup: A very old guy reminisces about his dead wife and visits her grave. Couldn't find a spot for the dang wah part.

Nice job, Les. Is the Mrs treating you like a big deal composer now???? :p

Wait - you have a wife who thinks anything you do is ever good enough? :eek:

I had to post it here to get any props at all!! ;)

You know we're always good to give you props, Les.

plane-propellers-set-fan-rotor-mover-aircraft-propeller-icons-wind-vector-id1187821994

Nah. Indie films aren't a big deal. I'm just in a good mood over it and wanted to brag a little.

Well,
I see no problem about boasting when one receives a good grade in class for participation and coursework, but remind me to not call on you too often when I might need a question answered. That might be considered favoritism. ;)

Here's the setup: A very old guy reminisces about his dead wife and visits her grave. Couldn't find a spot for the dang wah part.

Wait - you have a wife who thinks anything you do is ever good enough? :eek:

Not that type of film, I guess.:D

Thanks for the kind words, all.

Were you ever surprised about how life turned out? I sometimes just shake my head and ask, am I the luckiest guy, or what? In the music biz for 30 years and still at it? Not your predictable trajectory.

I figured I'd compose for a few years, get it out of my system, and go back to law. But...never got it out of my system. Being a lawyer was OK, I have no complaints about having done that, but music is just so much more satisfying.

"Dummy! Shoulda stayed in law and gotten rich!"

"No one ever accused me of sanity."

Well,
I see no problem about boasting when one receives a good grade in class for participation and coursework, but remind me to not call on you too often when I might need a question answered. That might be considered favoritism. ;)

It's OK, I probably can't answer a question intelligently, anyway. ;)

See, if you would have stuck to being a lawyer, you could have ended up being one of those PRS owners some day :D

;)

So true!

Wait...uh...am I renting these things now?

"This is the Lord, Les."

"Whaaaaat?"

"You know. The Lord. Everything you think you own on earth is merely temporary rental."

"OK, but I never seem to get billed the rental fees."

"That. Comes. Later. ;)"

Let's see now: on one hand, a lawyer. Bill Shakespeare said to kill all of them. Repeated by Don Henley in a song. And on the other hand, a career in music where you get to express your creativity almost every day and play with cool gear. Not even close, Les - you made the right choice.

Well THAT is cool! Couple more of these and this could become your “regular” gig. I know how you’ve taken to it lately, from your posts. Would be interesting to see if it opens a whole new “main” gig for you.

Well THAT is cool! Couple more of these and this could become your “regular” gig. I know how you’ve taken to it lately, from your posts. Would be interesting to see if it opens a whole new “main” gig for you.

Thinking more about this post... I'd guess that in some ways, and maybe the most important ones, this would be more rewarding than the ad work. Just thinking, this could be a very cool gig for you if you pursue it.

Thinking more about this post... I'd guess that in some ways, and maybe the most important ones, this would be more rewarding than the ad work. Just thinking, this could be a very cool gig for you if you pursue it.

I had to beat my head against a brick wall just to break into the ad music biz 30 years ago.

Now I'm long-established. I like what I do.

Do I want to repeat the process in LA, only this time 30 years older? I don't think so.

Back