Incoming!

Ah yes that one... I precisely remember it 1-2 weeks ago, it was the used one they got back in from their anniversary run ?
I didn't need another 594, and didn't need another guitar in NL... yet I had an awful hard time resisting the urge to call them to order it.
Luckily I waited a day or two and it sold. I'm glad you got it and I hope it'll sound and feel every bit as good as it looks.

BTW just spotted another one on Reverb, might not last long. Please help me out so I don't get tempted again...

Do It! I just had a few minutes to give her a rundown and what a spectacular addition to my PRS arsenal. The color is a bonus... crazy! Man... how do they do Northern Lights? Incredible....

Do It! I just had a few minutes to give her a rundown and what a spectacular addition to my PRS arsenal. The color is a bonus... crazy! Man... how do they do Northern Lights? Incredible....

Thing is I'm not all that crazy about its weight, it's not bad for a 594 but it's almost 8lbs.
Top's figuring might be a little too asymmetric for me, but the color separation and vividness of NL is there and turned out great.
I'm pretty sure however that's the same one that's been bouncing between owners 4-5 times already since January, makes you wonder... Plus my PS 594 is due in a few months (actually it was due in March/April, but PRS prioritized building the Dragon over previously placed orders)

There is a particular video from PRS from which you can infer the stain process. I counted seven including the layers of stains and the number of sand back operations.
It's no wonder it's such an unpredictable stain, even before taking into consideration how different woods absorb dyes better and how some are much darker than others. That's why some look almost entirely purple, others entirely teal, others primarily cyan, etc...
Yours is one of the best examples of NL. I also have a CU24 in NL that has that nice clean separation of color between purple and teal/cyan.

Also, make sure to keep that one in its case away from the light when unplayed. NL (blue in general) can fade surprisingly fast.

Last edited:
Back