Incoming

Hmmm...

A1A96C38-E08A-4DEC-9267-B0A39C0D0CAF-3824-0000060260E7D604.jpg

Certainly LOOKS like it wants to replace my Strat...
ToneTest ENGAGE

So far so good... After some minor pickup height tweaks I have it doing a stellar job of 1/3 of the business... :five:

Acoustically it is very resonant and you feel the vibrations. Plugged in, with the bridge pickup now dialed in there are no blanketed frequencies. Does it's highs a slight bit different than my maple topped cousin(as one would expect). The mids are a tad more present with a slight bark(also expected), but nothing harsh going on at all. The lows are just as strong as my goldie, but again the 'hog does them a slight bit differently. Over all the balance of the frequency spectrum is a huge strong point for me. I feared all 'hog might be boomy due to lack of high end bite, or perhaps that it would be too focused and not wide enough in the spectrum, but thus far, the balance between the frequencies is a major strong point of this guitar.

Tomorrow I dial the action down a tad, and get to work on the other pickup to get that other 2/3 of the business in line. :cool:

Just spent some time dialing in the action...
VERY nice... she plays much better now...
I was able to get the action a tad lower than on my goldtop '08...

2 very interesting observations:

#1 The neck on this DGT standard is a tad more girthy than my '08... I think it might be a tiny bit wider on the fretboard... Not obtrusive at all, but if you were a "thumb around the top of the neck" guy, it would be a tiny bit tougher to do so with this DGT standard as opposed to my '08... But then all you people who complained that the DGT necks were too small and wished they could get one in a wide fat would like the fact that this DGT Standard is a bit more in that direction...

#2 Acoustically, this DGT standard has a bit more resonance, volume, and brightness than my '08 DGT, which if you remember, was my second most resonant PRS ever, second only to my fabled McKorina which rang like a bell... (Miss that guitar and would LOVE a DGT standard in Korina...)

Next up later tonight: Another tone session A/Bing my '08 with the DGT standard with a phillips head screwdriver ridin the Rhythm pickup of the standard...

TweakinTime :cool:

23853C9E-2736-47A7-AF67-B62900D3914D-5816-0000091F5EFED168.jpg

Just finished dialing in this last part and giving the guitar a good ride through my rig at medium volume and I'll be damned if this is not a special guitar...
Last test is a blast test, but that rarely makes any guitar sound worse... Lookin like the catfish might be swimming in Frost Blue Metallic waters and that the Strat will headed to another cat...
Stay tuned!

Back