Incoming - WNKRRD!

I'm starting to think that I'm in this category for my right hip.

My father-in-law had both his hips replaced before he died. My mother-in-law and I were talking about that last night, how when he woke up after surgery, he couldn't believe there was no pain in his hip.

The surgery ended up being about seven hours. Doc said his part was about 4.5. Things were a little worse than they thought, but he said he thinks they got a good outcome and she should be solid for a few years. He saw her this morning and told her to take her pain meds because "it's going to be a bad day". So far, though, she seems in good spirits. She did text last night "Boy, it hurts."

They're keeping her until Sunday, which is good because I got an e-mail today that something is arriving tom'w. If they were going to send her home tom'w, I'd have a decision to make....

But that's another thread. :p

My father-in-law had both his hips replaced before he died. My mother-in-law and I were talking about that last night, how when he woke up after surgery, he couldn't believe there was no pain in his hip.

The surgery ended up being about seven hours. Doc said his part was about 4.5. Things were a little worse than they thought, but he said he thinks they got a good outcome and she should be solid for a few years. He saw her this morning and told her to take her pain meds because "it's going to be a bad day". So far, though, she seems in good spirits. She did text last night "Boy, it hurts."

They're keeping her until Sunday, which is good because I got an e-mail today that something is arriving tom'w. If they were going to send her home tom'w, I'd have a decision to make....

But that's another thread. :p
Hopefully the "bad day" won't be TOO bad! I can handle pain if I know it's temporary, and I sure hope it's a short window for her.
And I sincerely hope you don't have to make that decision.;)

Way behind but hoping for a smooth recovery. My mom’s both hers done so I realize it’s a slow road. But...on the upside, she’s been dealing with you for so long, this will seem like a walk in the park! I keed, I keed!:D

Back