Incoming!! SE Custom 24 Vintage Yellow

Does anyone here own one (regardless) the colour and can speak on intonation, sustain etc? I heard about not holding intonation and also a much shorter sustain than the US.

Does anyone here own one (regardless) the colour and can speak on intonation, sustain etc? I heard about not holding intonation and also a much shorter sustain than the US.

My brother picked one of these up (after much of my insistance) about six months ago and I've done the string changes, intonation and setup for the guitar. I think it plays absolutely beautifully. I own a Core-line Custom 24 and, while they're not identical, the SE holds up very well. I had an extra set of Grover Locking Tuners so I switched those out for him. When I tested it out with the temolo it seemed to hold it's tune a bit better. Although, now I feel he doesn't need them because he never uses the tremolo. The intonation is as good as one could ask for and the scale length felt about the same as my American model.

Noticeable differences....acoustically, I can tell a difference just simply because of the tone woods and finish. The SE line has a heavier and thicker clear-coat on it so it didn't have the snap and ring that the American model haS. Plugged in, the SE HFS pickups sound great and pack quite a bit punch on the low end. Although, I don't own a guitar with Core line HFS and VB pickups to compare it to.

All in all, the SE Custom 24 is a GREAT guitar - especially in it's price point and will do just about any job you need it to.

My brother picked one of these up (after much of my insistance) about six months ago and I've done the string changes, intonation and setup for the guitar. I think it plays absolutely beautifully. I own a Core-line Custom 24 and, while they're not identical, the SE holds up very well. I had an extra set of Grover Locking Tuners so I switched those out for him. When I tested it out with the temolo it seemed to hold it's tune a bit better. Although, now I feel he doesn't need them because he never uses the tremolo. The intonation is as good as one could ask for and the scale length felt about the same as my American model.

Noticeable differences....acoustically, I can tell a difference just simply because of the tone woods and finish. The SE line has a heavier and thicker clear-coat on it so it didn't have the snap and ring that the American model haS. Plugged in, the SE HFS pickups sound great and pack quite a bit punch on the low end. Although, I don't own a guitar with Core line HFS and VB pickups to compare it to.

All in all, the SE Custom 24 is a GREAT guitar - especially in it's price point and will do just about any job you need it to.

Thanks a lot for the great reply buddy. Appreciated.

Back