Incoming SC 594!

RC Mike

I've got an SC 594 showing up on Thursday. I'm a bit infatuated with purple guitars, and have been lusting after a purple PRS. Been doing my homework on what to buy, given that I can't go out and demo anything for a bit.

I saw a Violet with Mighty Smokewrap Burst on the Seattle Guitar Store's website. I just fell in love. Hadn't been planning a purchase, but had been doing a lot of shopping. It's a late-2019 build, with P3 tuners, TCI pickups, and the new nitro finish. Seemed like the right combination of parts for me. Very glad to have found one with TCI, nitro, and the P3s rather than the Klusons. The Klusons seem a bit too old-school for me, and less convenient.

The wife was feeling a bit puzzled by my desire to get another guitar. I'd just gotten a 2002 CE22 month and a half ago. I'm just a beginner when it comes to guitar, but I've been enjoying learning so much. I'm not likely to ever be a very proficient player. I'm finding it so relaxing to play for about an hour a day. Learning something new that's both creative, technical, mechanical, physical, and soulful is a delight for this 44 year old.

The wife is going to get some new diamond earrings. We just had our first child a week and a half ago, so Mother's Day has a bit more meaning now. It's a great compromise!

lbqffn7vzo8edloxiiz0.jpg

Congrats on the child and enjoy your new guitar!! That is a great one piece top!!

Congrats! Take care of her for mother's day!

Love that one piece top and the color.

Last edited:
Back