Incoming SC 594!

I just got SC couple months ago. I think you'll really like it. You may have the TCI pickups too. Great tone!

Thanks for all of the kind words!

The guitar showed up today, and it’s wonderful! Played it for a couple of hours. Had to do a bit of setup work, as the bass side of the bridge was all the way down on the body. So simple to adjust. Much easier than my trem CE22!

The fit and finish is remarkable, just perfect. The violet is understated and in dim lighting you’d think it was just black. I love it! It’s a bit like a secret, there for those who will notice and appreciate it.

I adore the neck pickup. Such a clear, musical sound. The bridge isn’t as hot as I’m used to, but I think it’ll grow on me. I hooked up the multimeter for kicks, and both pups read 8.1 for resistance. I’ll play around with the bridge pickup height a bit.

The neck feels great! I’m used to the W/F on the CE22, and the PV neck is a comfortable adjustment.

I think the 594 is a perfect companion for my CE22. What one doesn’t do, the other will. I’m pretty darn happy with my guitar choices. I’ve also got an odd-ball Yamaha RGX that’s got a piezo pickup, so I’ve got great options for a beginner.

I realized that I’m the PRS stereotype. Tan pants? Check. Law license? Check (not that I practice anymore, I’m just a humble school district middle manager!). Knows just four chords and a couple of blues riffs? Check.:p

Not going to get much play time this weekend, as the in-laws are visiting from out of state. Really enjoying life at the moment, and looking forward to growing some new skills.

Back