Incoming NGD!

ZjDKt8N.jpg

Well she made it safely and she is beautiful!! Unfortunately she will be going back, this one hurts. Has a dead note at the B string 10th fret, just has no sustain and decays with an odd overtone. Went through a full setup and couldn't adjust it out. All the surrounding frets sustain fine but that one note just falls off almost instantly. Beautiful guitar, feels great sounds really really great but I wont be able to live with that note. Other than that it's a lovely guitar and will make some one very happy. The search will continue but a bit down the road.

ZjDKt8N.jpg

Well she made it safely and she is beautiful!! Unfortunately she will be going back, this one hurts. Has a dead note at the B string 10th fret, just has no sustain and decays with an odd overtone. Went through a full setup and couldn't adjust it out. All the surrounding frets sustain fine but that one note just falls off almost instantly. Beautiful guitar, feels great sounds really really great but I wont be able to live with that note. Other than that it's a lovely guitar and will make some one very happy. The search will continue but a bit down the road.
You could see if they will cover a fret-leveling, which would solve the problem.

Definitely something. I found it, after searching the forum, to be a wolf note. I tried everything setup wise, higher action, more neck relief, less neck relief, intonation adjustment I couldnt get it to go away. It was right on a note I go to a lot so I ended up taking the guitar back, as beautiful as it was. HOWEVER!!!!! There maybe or not be a Charcoal top Tremonti 10 top coming to my house as a replacement!!!

I will say this was in no wise a quality issue, fit and finish was beautiful, sound amazing. Had the wolf note been on a different fret I would have been completely happy keeping the guitar. As I learned on this forum this is just the nature of wood instruments. Someone is going to score a great deal on that guitar and be super pleased with it!!

I know I’ve heard a lot about wolf notes, but whenever I’ve had one, I take my guitar to my luthier and have it fixed. I hear much better than I play. I just can’t accept their existence as an irreversible problem.

Definitely something. I found it, after searching the forum, to be a wolf note. I tried everything setup wise, higher action, more neck relief, less neck relief, intonation adjustment I couldnt get it to go away. It was right on a note I go to a lot so I ended up taking the guitar back, as beautiful as it was. HOWEVER!!!!! There maybe or not be a Charcoal top Tremonti 10 top coming to my house as a replacement!!!
Sweet!

Back