Incoming NGD

So in taking it all apart to get all the plastic on the pick guard off, I noticed the Pickups were not made by PRS. they had another pickup company stamp on the bottom. Are these Korean 85/15 S??? Treble pickup is a little ice picky unless I roll the tone down to 5 and below.

Looking at Duncan 59's and maybe a change? or PRS pickup suggestions?

So in taking it all apart to get all the plastic on the pick guard off, I noticed the Pickups were not made by PRS. they had another pickup company stamp on the bottom. Are these Korean 85/15 S??? Treble pickup is a little ice picky unless I roll the tone down to 5 and below.

Are they G&B, or?

To my understanding, yes. Try playing with the pickup height. Lower it a bit to see if it helps.

Yes G&B, "Korean?"..... I'll play with the height.... have you tried changing pups?

Yes G&B, "Korean?"..... I'll play with the height.... have you tried changing pups?

I have, but not this particular model. It’s easy, but there’s a learning curve as it involves soldering. The reason I said to play with the pickup height is that it’s often forgotten, it’s simple and easy, doesn’t cost anything, and can make a huge difference bringing to life your guitar and achieving its full potential. I’ve bought some used guitars before that the owner hated where all the guitar needed was a good setup, including adjusting the pickup height. A former band mate of mine was about to spend a lot upgrading pickups and electronics on his guitar, but after I adjusted the pickup height on his guitar he couldn’t believe that I didn’t change a single part in his guitar. Night and day, chalk and cheese difference depending on where you live.

I'll probably get in trouble for this but..... after a few weeks with this and checking under the hood.... The guitar is magical acoustically but lacks when plugged in so I'm changing all parts to mojotone CTS pots, Cap, switch and clothe covered vintage wire with SD Alnico II Pro pickups.... gonna be great.

I'll probably get in trouble for this but..... after a few weeks with this and checking under the hood.... The guitar is magical acoustically but lacks when plugged in so I'm changing all parts to mojotone CTS pots, Cap, switch and clothe covered vintage wire with SD Alnico II Pro pickups.... gonna be great.
Make it your own!:cool:

WOW! what a difference! Mojotone CTS pots, Cap, switch and clothe covered vintage wire with SD Alnico II Pro pickups. it's not just my ears playing tricks,, it doesn't have that honk, it's just perfectly balanced and clear as a bell and when you crank it - it's wayyyy juicy! I also put a correct treble bleed (res/cap) on the volume wired to a mini toggle, really cool when you roll the volume back, the best of both worlds!

woohoo!

OK, after playing it a couple days...... It sounds really good but not like a PRS!

guess I'll change the pickups back but keep the rest of the wiring changes.... guess PRS knows best

Back