Incoming NGD S2 SC Semi- Hollow

tyfu20

Fast Man....let me tell you my story
I regretted selling the 2017 version of the previous S2 SC Semi-Hollow I had 2 years ago. Found this 2014 beauty in great shape to scratch the itchiness. Can't wait!

mskznky.png

HmXA1V8.jpg

gB1SBaR.png

SamIV

Playing mine tonight. Makes me wonder why I have not owned it sooner. Mine has the #7 pickups which are ok, but wondering if others have replaced pickups in these and with what. I do have a TV Jones bridge pickup lying around.

tyfu20

Fast Man....let me tell you my story
Playing mine tonight. Makes me wonder why I have not owned it sooner. Mine has the #7 pickups which are ok, but wondering if others have replaced pickups in these and with what. I do have a TV Jones bridge pickup lying around.
What's missing from the pickups in your opinion?

SamIV

Split, they sound ok, but other PRS pickups sound better split. Not a bad sounding pickup, just curious if others have gone a different route. You might love them. Very comfortable guitar to play. And I usually like thinner necks.

Last edited:

John Stephen

That's a beautiful guitar. I see it doesn't come equipped for tremolo. That would work for me! I have a new SE Custom 22 semi-hollow but don't use the tremolo.

chicagoslim

My S2 Singlecut Semi had Seymour Duncan, Saturday Night Specials, when I bought it.

I've got a S2 CU22 and Zach Myers, with a low output, alnico II pickup in the neck, paired with a hotter alnico V, in the bridge. I really like the bridge dominate, middle position sound. With that in mind, I would put the TV Jones pickup, in the neck position. You've got two rows of pole screws. YMMV!