Incoming NGD Hollow be thy name

tyfu20

Fast Man....let me tell you my story
So I was browsing the Bay which I haven't done in forever and came across this SE Hollow body that the owner was gracious enough to add these mods to bring it up to the newer Hollowbody II Piezo features with some bonuses for under the cost of a new Standard. Can't wait to play this, it's coming from within state (Florida), so it shouldn't be long!

PRS SE Locking Tuners
PRS USA Strap Buttons
PRS USA Pickup Rings
PRS USA Lampshade Knobs
PRS USA Piezo Dual Jackplate with battery holder
Bourns 500K Pots

Graph Tech Acoustiphonic Bridge and preamp
yXrYVQh.jpg

fLVxA8N.jpg

AHA2hDg.jpg

9v9g1M0.jpg

0kulX1H.jpg

So it got here yesterday right when I was wrapping up work and this is definitely a well crafted instrument as others have stated before. I love the neck and feel of the guitar, well balanced. Same pickups as my S2 McCarty, but the hollowbody does what it does and gives greater depth to the sound.
As far as the added Graphtech acoustic, I played it through a few of the acoustic IR's on my Headrush pedalboard and it sounds ridiculously huge. Can't wait to use it live in a couple of weeks. Definitely will be having some fun with this puppy.

Congrats and enjoy!

One of my buddies, who is not really a PRS guy, acquired a SE acoustic this past year and he plays it more than this OLD Martin and parlor. That led to him grabbing a used SE Holowbody II like the one the OP got and he hasn't stopped raving about it. This is a guy with plenty of electrics, including jazz boxes.

Glad you like it!! (yeah I was the seller)
It is a really nice guitar but yeah, I think the live playing is done for a while. The CE24 in my avatar also has a piezo so I really didn't need two.
I also run the piezo through acoustic IR's (with a Helix instead) .

Glad you like it!! (yeah I was the seller)
It is a really nice guitar but yeah, I think the live playing is done for a while. The CE24 in my avatar also has a piezo so I really didn't need two.
I also run the piezo through acoustic IR's (with a Helix instead) .
Hey Pete, gigs are back up and running down here in S Fla(we'll see for how long). Did you put the Graphtech in the CE as well?

Yep, the CE has the same setup as the hollowbody. Before that I had a CE22 with a Graphtech Floyd Rose and an Edwards Les Paul with a GraphTech tuneomatic.

Before the corona, I was just starting to put a group together with my old bassist from a Rush tribute band. Maybe next year we'll get it moving again.

Back