Incoming: Incredible Amethyst SC 245 Ted Private Stock!!

MA Pete

Pattern Thin Convert!
I have this one incoming, spec'ed with Brent late last summer. There was a minor finish issue that occurred, so it is headed back to PRS for a quick fix, no worries, I am confident they will make it perfect. So even though I don't have an NGD for this guitar yet, I am so amazed on how this guitar came out, I thought I would share the pictures here.

I spec'ed this as Armando's Amethyst, but with a burst added. The Burst is certainly Armando's Amethyst, but the body of it looks a little lighter, I suspect Paul Miles and the finish team did that intentionally to show the contrast with the burst, and to make the quilt pop more. Those guys are true artists with the Private Stock custom finishes!! I love how this came out.

Anyway, here it is, SC Ted with McCarty body thickness, Obeche body, Curly Mahogany Neck, Rosewood Board, uncovered 5909's, One-Piece Quilt top in a custom Armando's Amethyst Burst.

For history's sake, I spec'ed this in a Purple to sort of replace the awesome Ultraviolet SC Wood Library IRW Ted that Steve/11top sold me last year, now in the hands of Chris/goof1073.

For the record I already know that this wood combination makes for great tone, my Earth Cu24 PS (just sold this week to fund the next PS in the oven) was identical in formula, Obeche body for light weight, Curly Mahogany Neck, and it had great tone. Can't wait to get it and to see how it sounds, I am sure it will be great!!

IMG_3370.jpeg

IMG_3373.jpeg

IMG_3374.jpeg

IMG_3375.jpeg

IMG_3377.jpeg

IMG_3378.jpeg

IMG_3379.jpeg

IMG_3380.jpeg

IMG_3381.jpeg

IMG_3382.jpeg

(BTW, I am going to switch to Amber Knobs, I prefer those even on brighter colored Private Stocks, they tie in nicely with the brown backs and give a more Vintage look...)

Thank you, Brent, Paul Miles, Tina and the rest of the Private Stock team, for another awesome creation!!

Somewhere on the west coast Armando is smiling because he felt the universe use his color on this KILLLLLLLLER private stock.

Top notch taste from TGS and you, Pete - congrats!

That looks AMAZING!! I love the color and the depth of the wood. I have got to sell some un-used toys to fund myself a PS!! Congrats!!

As sexy as they come.
Owning it is a great feeling isn't it?!
TGS & PETEY D. :congrats:

That is a ridiculously beautiful guitar. Congrats man. I hope you enjoy her!

I am surprised no one has asked yet what the result of the "Lightweight" formula of this guitar, with the Obeche body, the lightweight Curly Mahogany Neck, and the reduced thickness to McCarty Thickness.

IMG_3384.jpeg

Wow!! A 6 pound SC! Can't wait to play it. My bad back will thank me. ;)

One would think an extreme lightweight guitar would have a negative impact on tone. But my Earth Cu24 sounded GREAT, was incredibly resonant and powerful. Also aristotle has Earth #1, a McCarty, and reports it to be great. He even did an A/B video demo against a Les Paul, the Earth #1 held its own for sure in that shootout. My Electric Tiger DC 245 TGS has an Obeche body but due to the extra weight of the trem block and the Rosewood neck it is a little over 7 pounds. That thing is a tone MONSTER, even better than the Earth Cu24, second only to my Jade Glow DC Ted.

Tone report when I get it back from PRS...

Last edited:
Back