Incoming ! I waited and watched and found this Hollowbody !

DogPhishHead

I've been on the fence looking and watching a certain guitar shop's website in the upper mid-west for them to add inventory of barely played "used" PRS show guitars. Every morning at 5AM with my coffee I've scanned their page and BOOM ! This morning I snatched this SE Hollowbody Standard with a KILLER TOP !!!

In February this year I bought an SE Paul's Guitar from these folks...they called it "very good" condition...it's was mint and I love it.

Now the wait........and the big question....Amber or Black PRS Lampshade knobs ?!?! I'm thinking Amber

Time to get my Trey Anastasio lick lyric ready for this new baby.

https://i.imgur.com/EVCsCwO.png

EVCsCwO.png

EVCsCwO

That is a nice looking top. I put black lampshades on mine, but I think amber would look great also.

Nice! Way to be patient. I know how that place works. It’s best to sit on your hands for awhile. :)

Id go amber.

I think this model will stand as an SE classic. As such, I’d leave the existing knobs on it (like I did with mine)

Sweet!!! Amber.
That's what I opted for.
Just listed my Fender Strat for sale. I love hearing others play them, but after have six or so, I just don't seem to bond with them and I don't have a loud 6L6 amp to really get the entire gig sound for a strat. Guys like Mayer, Schofield, Clapton, SRV, Knopfler...all masters on the strat....me, not so much.

I guess getting older, I'm loving PRS and humbuckers more and more.
BUT..............if I find a nice Silver Sky down the road....who knows (I've played one, it was the best sounding "S" style I've played).

Last edited:
That's what I opted for.
Just listed my Fender Strat for sale. I love hearing others play them, but after have six or so, I just don't seem to bound with them and I don't have a loud 6L6 amp to really get the entire gig sound for a strat. Guys like Mayer, Schofield, Clapton, SRV, Knopfler...all masters on the strat....me, not so much.

I guess getting older, I'm loving PRS and humbuckers more and more.
BUT..............if I find a nice Silver Sky down the road....who knows (I've played one, it was the best sounding "S" style I've played).

I feel that way about both Strats and Les Pauls - I *think* I'm finally done buying either - have had quite a few of each and they never sound right when *I* play them. PRSes just seem to fit me better.

Back