Incoming!: Business in the front, party in the back. UPDATE: The party has arrived.

Yea after playing around with it more and listening to some YouTube clips I definitely think something is wrong. The bridge pickup is fine when it’s tapped by itself but whenever I mix it with another pickup the output drops substantially and it sounds like it loses all frequencies except the treble.

This description sounds like the bridge pickup may be wired out of phase with the other pickups,
or the coil that remains on when you tap the pickup is out of phase, or doesn't PRS have a thing
where when you tap a pickup it adds 1500 turns of wire to the coil that stays on?
Maybe those 1500 turns are not getting added in on the bridge pickup?

Yes?
No?
Maybe?

Gorgeous guitar by the way.

This description sounds like the bridge pickup may be wired out of phase with the other pickups,
or the coil that remains on when you tap the pickup is out of phase, or doesn't PRS have a thing
where when you tap a pickup it adds 1500 turns of wire to the coil that stays on?
Maybe those 1500 turns are not getting added in on the bridge pickup?

Yes?
No?
Maybe?

Gorgeous guitar by the way.
I think it sounds like the signal from those 1500 winds is the only thing getting through. The rest of the coil is grounded out along with the other coil.

I had something similar with my 509. One of the wires had come loose, and one of the mini toggles started acting up after week, or so. Customer Service took care of it under Warranty.

WOW!! That's a "party in the back" for sure! Sweet, sweet guitar man. I've always admired those special semi-hollows.

Hmm... maybe.. I... should.... I mean, it wouldn't hurt to just see what's available......

congrats!! welcome to the SSH club !

Every day I play mine, I truly realize how 'special' it is ... I hope you get the issue squared away soon

I’ve spent some time with this and am really digging the tones so far. It’s going back to PRS on Monday to fix the wiring issue so I’ll be eager to hear all the pickup combinations it offers once I get it back.

And it’s here! First, big thanks to Brett at Eddie’s for hooking me up with this and getting it shipped crazy fast.

So I was originally patiently waiting for a mullet DGT from Eddies but I had kept looking at this guy and been really tempted to go for it. I’ve been interested in the special semi hollow for awhile but reluctant due to not getting along with middle pickups because I always hit them with my pick.

Apparently this came with some buffing issues from PRS so Brett was able to give me a great deal on it and now that I see it in person they’re barely noticeable. He definitely went out of his way to make sure I knew the condition of the guitar and I really appreciate it!

I won’t have a chance to play it much until after my son goes to bed tonight but so far I’m really digging it! The looks are so great in person. As much as I love crazy flame tops, the black top with the Ziricote fretboard, swamp ash back and stained maple neck are really doing it for me in a whole different way.

40-AFB778-CC2-F-48-C0-B94-E-45-E568629-B59.jpg

59731381-D1-E7-4-B3-B-89-CE-B1-EBF005-C407.jpg

AD5-DD59-C-B4-AF-4908-9-F70-CC8-A0-DB53-C97.jpg

47-FBB403-1-D20-43-D4-95-ED-DFFBF0-ADD29-C.jpg

EAD407-EE-A7-F4-4-C16-84-CF-1-A34-C3563845.jpg

C0-D891-D4-8-F92-4361-B3-F2-4-B352-BDB7-A52.jpg
Wow, I just saw this beauty after revisiting the thread
what a classy beauty.

Just wanted to update this thread and say that I’ve already received the guitar back from PRS and everything is working good as new! This is my second time having warranty work done and both times have been super easy and quick. Now back to bonding with this guitar finally!

Back