"In the Night" on a PRS SE Semi Hollow Body (and Fender Strat for Comparison)

cobrafast1

Don - Studio Musician
I wrote this song some time ago and thought I'd put it out here. Also there is another version on YouTube of the same song on a American Fender Stratocaster for comparison purposes, if anyone is interested. Both version have the same Amp and Effects settings. Only the guitar is changed, so one can see the difference. Just for fun. Enjoy.

[video=youtube;9CnJwy_QmTI] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CnJwy_QmTI&feature=share[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the vibe, Cobra. To my surprise, the SE captured the tone of that era a little more accurately than the Strat.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;21554 said:
I like the vibe, Cobra. To my surprise, the SE captured the tone of that era a little more accurately than the Strat.

I tend to agree with you. The Strat has a distinctive sound to it. Traditional Strat. That might have been the pickup selector switch setting I was using. It was the Neck/Middle combination. On the PRS, I used the Neck pickup only and dialed down the tone control to about 5-6 to get rid of the tin-iness. The Strat tone control was at 5-6 also. For that song, I think the blues sound from the PRS SE is better than the Strat. But if I was doing California surfing music, then I think the Strat would be better. Just my humble opinion.

Back