Importing a used core from Japan to US

There should be no duty fees to pay bringing it back into the USA. I'm looking forward to learning of your success. That guitar looks AMAZING!

Don't let my wife see that or she'll make me buy one. ;)

What’s her email?

I just showed her the picture.
She said what's that?
It's a Santana model.
No, what's that line? (past the bridge)
It's just like these two other lines. (by the pickups)
Why do they have those lines?
Because Santana models come with those lines.
Why did they put then there? They are ugly.
(Hangar18 smacks himself in the forehead.)

She said what's that?
It's a Santana model.

What’s your email? I have the number for a divorce attorney.

I love it. great guitar, great thread. I could see myself spending some time here.

She said what's that?
It's a Santana model.
Mrs has a similar reaction. But she likes Santanas, which is why she pounced on a Westie like a lioness who hadn’t eaten in a week when she saw it.

Strange... I love those lines. Two requirements for my core Santana were the OM truss rod cover (though I guess I could have switched with the one on my Westie) and the inlay "lines". Viva la difference I guess.

Quick update - reshipped on Friday, it got to Tokyo and was intercepted by the Japanese Customs department on Saturday morning... officially listed as "on hold for customs inspection now" at Tokyo International. Hopefully its a quick visit.

Strange... I love those lines. Two requirements for my core Santana were the OM truss rod cover (though I guess I could have switched with the one on my Westie) and the inlay "lines". Viva la difference I guess.

Quick update - reshipped on Friday, it got to Tokyo and was intercepted by the Japanese Customs department on Saturday morning... officially listed as "on hold for customs inspection now" at Tokyo International. Hopefully its a quick visit.

Fingers crossed!

I was in a band long ago that went "North". 6 guys in a converted school bus got directed to an empty lot and was asked to unload the entire bus only to have every compartment and speaker cabinet thoroughly inspected. Then and only then we were told to F*** O**

I wanted to KO that a$$hole on the spot.

OOH!
Date and time Status of Item Location
27/07/2018 15:32 Posted
28/07/2018 10:22 Arrived at export office Tokyo
28/07/2018 10:31 Held for export customs inspection TOKYO INT
01/08/2018 06:20 Departed from export office Tokyo

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have departed Japan! Of course, I am leaving Friday for a 9 day trip and won't be able to retrieve it until the 13th!

OOH!
Date and time Status of Item Location
27/07/2018 15:32 Posted
28/07/2018 10:22 Arrived at export office Tokyo
28/07/2018 10:31 Held for export customs inspection TOKYO INT
01/08/2018 06:20 Departed from export office Tokyo

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have departed Japan! Of course, I am leaving Friday for a 9 day trip and won't be able to retrieve it until the 13th!

I hope the 13th isn’t a Friday.

If your trip is to the Caribbean or the Greek Islands, I could go in your place and solve your problem. I’m a team player.

Last edited:
I hope the 13th isn’t a Friday.
If your trip is to the Caribbean or the Greek Islands, I could go in your place and solve your problem. I’m a team player.

Sorry... headed out to Ca. to visit family there... and I really do want the 7 days off work!

Why the participants at CITES decided to include finished musical instruments is a good puzzle.

Instead of just placing the onus/responsibility on timbre supplies and guitar manufacturers (who deal in huge bulks of rosewood and should as professionals rightly be responsible), they also saw it fit to place the responsibility on individual private owners and dealers of each individual finished guitar, which contains only a sliver of rosewood on the fingerboard. And we individual buyers also don’t have ANY control on how the wood was sourced, and are typically not in the know too. Well done.

Why the participants at CITES decided to include finished musical instruments is a good puzzle.

Instead of just placing the onus/responsibility on timbre supplies and guitar manufacturers (who deal in huge bulks of rosewood and should as professionals rightly be responsible), they also saw it fit to place the responsibility on individual private owners and dealers of each individual finished guitar, which contains only a sliver of rosewood on the fingerboard. And we individual buyers also don’t have ANY control on how the wood was sourced, and are typically not in the know too. Well done.

I’m in favor of protecting mom nature, but you bring up some good points.

Back