I'm sure you saw this one coming...NAD

Aahzz

Bluebeard Member
So yeah, I did indeed decide to sell the Helix and go back unto tubes...found a Marshall DSL40CR on my local Craigslist for noticeably under market price, and snagged it immediately. Just got it home and spent a glorious, LOUD hour in the rehearsal space and it is indeed so nice to just go twist a knob to change my tone. It sounds really good, but I'm also really looking forward to band practice tomorrow to see how it sounds in a mix. Sadly no second guitarist this week, but I'll still get a good feel. Ah, Marshally goodness....

This right here is a match made in Rock-N-Roll Heaven
dslcr2.jpg

Our other guitarist played one of those for years and sounded great! You’ll love it.

Be aware of the ice pick cone beam of destruction, though. It can take heads off in the front row with ease.

Just got done with band practice - and I can't stop smiling. The Vela into the Marshall is a glorious, wonderful sound that sits precisely where it needs to be in the mix. I was able to do everything I need with the Marshall, a tuner pedal, and a chorus pedal. I was thinking about adding a Pod Go or something to tweak, add distortion, etc - but it just doesn't need it. I do have the Marshall 6-button footswitch on order so I can switch the modes on the channels on the fly, though I probably wouldn't have ordered it if I had been through rehearsal first - was able to cover my tones with the volume knob and the 2-button switch. Still, the footswitch will give me a few more options - but I am a ridiculously happy man right now.

Just got done with band practice - and I can't stop smiling. The Vela into the Marshall is a glorious, wonderful sound that sits precisely where it needs to be in the mix. I was able to do everything I need with the Marshall, a tuner pedal, and a chorus pedal. I was thinking about adding a Pod Go or something to tweak, add distortion, etc - but it just doesn't need it. I do have the Marshall 6-button footswitch on order so I can switch the modes on the channels on the fly, though I probably wouldn't have ordered it if I had been through rehearsal first - was able to cover my tones with the volume knob and the 2-button switch. Still, the footswitch will give me a few more options - but I am a ridiculously happy man right now.
Glad to hear it! And I hope your #2 guitar returns… you’ll have some fun now!

I'm so happy for you, man !!!

Great score!!!

Our other guitarist played one of those for years and sounded great! You’ll love it.

Be aware of the ice pick cone beam of destruction, though. It can take heads off in the front row with ease.

Similar story here - my drummer pal’s dad gigs in a successful cover band with a DSL head, always sounds really great, nice spot in the mix.

He was playing his with V30’s but recently switched to a Marshall 2x12 with T75’s. I don’t like the T75’s as much. Would like to hear him with Creamback 65’s or 75’s. The V-Type in the combo is a righteous speaker though!

Back