I'm so stupid that I...

I could use some help with making coffee. Mine is always just so so.

What brand do you recommend and what brewing method do you recommend?
This is as big of a rabbit hole as guitar gear. But, the questions that start the process are similar...

What is your experience level with coffee? What coffee do you drink now? how do you make it now?

This is as big of a rabbit hole as guitar gear. But, the questions that start the process are similar...

What is your experience level with coffee? What coffee do you drink now? how do you make it now?
Haha well.........I have a grinder but its more like a blender. It has a timer so you can adjust particle size that way. Probably not the best.

My buddy bought a new Yamaha R1 in 1999 and when I took it for a ride it opened my eyes to what suspension should be on a motorcycle, same with coffee.

There is a restaurant close to me that used to sell coffee that was made from concentrate. It might go against the rules for coffee extremists but it was the absolute best coffee I've ever had bar none. So like the R1, that got me wanting THAT coffee. Sadly, those machines are ridiculous expensive so that's out but I still long for coffee that tastes like it smells with zero bitterness.

My wife bought me an expensive auto drip machine with Bluetooth so it can be prepared the night before but start it with a phone. I never use it that way.

It wasn't actually me that did it, but once on a group snowmobile trip, three of us (couples) shared a suite in a hotel to cost share. Obviously bathroom duties had to be shared and certain toiletries were left in the open. My pal came out of the shower toweling his hair and said his head itched and he ha d a terrible time getting the shampoo to lather. Turned out he used one of the gal's nail polish remover instead of shampoo...we really roasted him on that for the remained of the week.

Haha well.........I have a grinder but its more like a blender. It has a timer so you can adjust particle size that way. Probably not the best.

My buddy bought a new Yamaha R1 in 1999 and when I took it for a ride it opened my eyes to what suspension should be on a motorcycle, same with coffee.

There is a restaurant close to me that used to sell coffee that was made from concentrate. It might go against the rules for coffee extremists but it was the absolute best coffee I've ever had bar none. So like the R1, that got me wanting THAT coffee. Sadly, those machines are ridiculous expensive so that's out but I still long for coffee that tastes like it smells with zero bitterness.

My wife bought me an expensive auto drip machine with Bluetooth so it can be prepared the night before but start it with a phone. I never use it that way.
What kind of grinder, and what kind of coffee maker do you have?

THe #2 leading cause of corny jokes.
The leak of poop in the pants brought back an unforgettable memory!

A few years ago, I had to redo electrical panels, automation in a company that made chocolate bars. It was the day I was working right next to the machine molding the chocolate bars, guys it smelled like heaven! and there were those lovely ladies who insisted that I take as much as I wanted! So Oh thank you ladies! she was delicious! my day is over, i'm coming home and i'm having one of those shitty cravings! I still had a good half hour before going home, the only thing I was telling myself was not to **** in the car! DON'T **** IN THE CAR!!! I got there with pain and fu****g misery!

The next day everyone looked at me and said!! did you manage to get home without ****? the fucking chocolate bar was actually a laxative hahaha!

I was the idiot of the day but I console myself by telling myself that they lost their bet..

At 18, I got engaged to the same chick TWICE.
When she took the ring back, I told her she wouldn’t get it a third time. She gave it back. THANK GOD!!!

But I think my favorite idiot story is on my first factory job. Every Tuesday I got the $#!+$. One day I mentioned it to the older gent next to me. He laughed... Now, they had one of those typical ‘70s coffee machines where you put in your money, push the coffee button, push the powdered creamer button, push the sugar button, and the cup drops and fills up with disgusting stuff that resembles coffee. After he laughed, he asked me, “Did you ever notice that on Tuesdays nobody gets their coffee until after you?” “Well, yes…”. “They clean the machine on Tuesdays and the first cup is full of cleaner!” …then I became one of the waiters…

Last edited:
I’m so stupid I dropped outta High School to be in a band.
Sorry you did that @sergiodeblanc ……that truly sucks….
I quit college (University of Denver) after 2 years (I was only 21 then) cause our band manager told us we were gonna get signed to a major record deal that was in the works. It really was a great band and we opened for a bunch of major acts and got a lot of airplay, but one day the manager just disappeared…He drove an old Hearse and he and his girlfriend always wore all black clothes and both of them had bleached blonde hair… they were really weird besides and when the old Hearse with the red curtains in the back windows would pull up to the band house it felt like we were dealing with characters from the Adams Family
. I smelled a rat from the beginning but was to young and naive to act on it……
.And the recording deal? The record company never called … They made it all up….
The band then got into to many drugs so I split and went back East to where I‘m from having failed, with my tail between my legs…..

Last edited:
I'm so stupid that I...

Bought a new Surface Pro 9. That's not the stupid part though... I like it.
Thing is that when I was setting it up I could not for the life of me get my Zoom L-12 interface setup properly the way I had it on the Surface Pro 6.
I have it setup so that it's my default sound card. All Youtube, links from forums etc. pipe through it to my Yamaha HS80-M monitors. Glorious sound I must say. Anyway, every time I tried to use it as a soundcard, after 5 to 10 mins the audio would degrade to a crackling distorted mess.
I cannot count the number of times I uninstalled/re-installed the driver, rebooted and tried again. WTF? It used to work perfectly!
In addition I could not get the channel inputs working in Reaper or Samplitude. What a mess...
So... I swapped my Pro 6 back in... SAME PROBLEM!!! What the...???
Went through the setup on the L-12 looking at sample rates etc... no change.
Then I saw it... The L-12 has a "Class Compliant" switch for iOS devices... It... was... on... OMG.
Hours upon hours wasted by not paying attention to the basics. I had obviously hit the switch inadvertently when I moved the unit.
Happy now, but yeah... stupid! :D:rolleyes:

Back