I'm so stupid that I...

I once accidentally tried to brush my teeth with hemmeroid cream (actually twice)

Don't recommend it
I'm no expert, but the problem solver in me says... maybe don't put them on the same shelf. :D

As someone who always looks for the positive, I’d like to share the positive message:

At least that wasn’t real coffee you wasted.

:p:p:p
You're so right!

I'm not a fan of Keurig. Tastes like the plastic cups it comes in. But sometimes I just don't want to grind the beans myself (yeah, I grind my own real coffee when I want something good!).

You're so right!

I'm not a fan of Keurig. Tastes like the plastic cups it comes in. But sometimes I just don't want to grind the beans myself (yeah, I grind my own real coffee when I want something good!).
Good for you. We "have" a Keurig, but it's only for when I'm not home in the evening and my wife has to make her own. We fresh grind everything no matter how we're making it, except for the Keurig. And our coffee is always fresh, because I roast it all myself.

In my dotage, I have to remind myself to pay full attention when changing strings. Don't let your attention wander away from this really boring but very detailed chore.

- My mind once wandered and I installed the D string in the G position, wound it up to pitch and clipped off the extra. Then I pulled out the G string out of the packet and ... oh, crap, wherezis go?

- My mind once wandered when I was using an electric string winder to get a new string up to pitch. It got the string up to pitch and then some: "Plink!" goes the snapped string. Did I mention it was in a $32 set of T-I flatwounds?

I had to order a new single string overnight to salvage the set. Know what a single T-I flatwound string costs, overnighted? A lot.

Don't be Kiwi. Pay attention!

=K

I once forgot my goalie pads on the way to a playoff hockey game.

The explanation for that one was a bit uncomfortable.
yet, I find the story lacking without it... :p:p:p

Confused open E with open G……….I did it here on a thread…… I have an issue ….:D:D

Clearly, we can't go on being friends if things like this continue. Better get a leash on that quickly! And then... could you explain to me what open E and open G are? :D:D

Once flew on a Cessna turboprop aircraft to Maine to meet a friend who was hosting a gathering at his home. Got on the plane without a phone (this was 1984, when cell phones weren't everyday items) with about $40 cash in my pocket. The plane landed at a different airport than my destination, and said I'd need to call my friend for a ride. Right. Didn't have his phone number, and I was stranded for 90 minutes until my friend figured out where I was by himself (no clue how he did that, likely he was waiting at the correct airport and when I didn't show up, he began asking questions), drove 50 minutes, picked me up, and we drove to meet his fiancée at his home.

Met some of my high school buddies there and we stayed the weekend. Hiked up a mountain in Maine, viewed Ghostbuster's when it first debuted, had a few meals and drinks.

I recall his memorable words regarding toasting his imminent marriage Sunday noontime: "Join me in a glass of champagne? Think we'll both fit?"

Flew home Sunday afternoon to the correct airport, my family picked me up and we drove home. Wasn't sure how I ended up in the wrong airport in Maine, but am guessing it was because the pilot serviced the plane where we stopped because it had an issue and couldn't fly to its correct destination.

I guess I felt stupid at the time because I didn't know how to contact my friend who was waiting at the other airport. Thankfully, the plane service forwarded landing info to the correct destination telling them we were safe elsewhere.

Good for you. We "have" a Keurig, but it's only for when I'm not home in the evening and my wife has to make her own. We fresh grind everything no matter how we're making it, except for the Keurig. And our coffee is always fresh, because I roast it all myself.
I could use some help with making coffee. Mine is always just so so.

What brand do you recommend and what brewing method do you recommend?

Back