I'm so stupid that I...

I bought a cheap used electric guitar from a coworker in 1977. The pick guard was destroyed, so I made a new one out of mirrored plexiglass. It came out fantastic.

Thing was, I traced the old pick guard parts on the wrong side of the mirror and didn’t notice until I peeled off the protective plastic. The surface would have been blue on a sunburst guitar, so I used acetone to remove the mirror finish and made the guard clear.

Last year I bought a 5 ply sheet of pick guard material to remake it, maybe over the next 40 years I’ll start on it.

You get to an age where that just doesn’t matter. Ooooohhhh, you mean guitar parts. :eek:
I think we all still are having issues making good decisions sometimes.

Like, when I have a discussion with someone at my dinner table...no one can make a good decision unless they're fed a meal...for example, ask me how my lengua casserole tastes, and then we'll talk shop.

My new "I'm so stupid" entry. I'm so stupid that when I restrung my Jeff Beck Strat I put on .010s instead of .009s and didn't realize my mistake until it took for ever to tune up to pitch and then I saw that the bridge was tilted way forward. Several re-tunings and spring adjustments later I got it back to where it should be.

Now the dilemma is do I keep .010s the next time or go back to .009s and through the adjustments again. I hate it when my stupid butts up against my lazy.

I'm so stupid that I lost my Polytune Clip tuner.
So... I got a new Polytune/Unitune Clip to replace it.
Then, in cleaning out my gig bag pouch I found the Polytune way down at the bottom.
Bonehead... :rolleyes:

Meh....in your defense, they are kinda small. I need the clip on tuner version of one of those huge calculators. MAN!! I reeeaaallly gotta get my eyes checked.

I'm so stupid that I lost my Polytune Clip tuner.
So... I got a new Polytune/Unitune Clip to replace it.
Then, in cleaning out my gig bag pouch I found the Polytune way down at the bottom.
Bonehead... :rolleyes:
I did worse than lose it...I gave it away because I didn’t know how to use it.

This morning, bleary-eyed, I put water in the Keurig, loaded in a pod, turned the machine on...

And to my horror discovered I forgot to put a mug under the dispenser.

Yeah, coffee mess.

I think these things happen.
As someone who always looks for the positive, I’d like to share the positive message:

At least that wasn’t real coffee you wasted.

:p:p:p

Back