I'm So Glad, I'm So Glad...

László

Too Many Notes
The other day I had a Guitar Panic Attack.

My wife, who usually keeps me on a level keel, is visiting the kids out of town. I couldn't go because I've been working in the studio all week. But being alone for days can make a person a little crazy (I sometimes work around the clock).

Suddenly for some reason the idea exploded in my brain that I needed to "make room" for a guitar I have coming in a few weeks. And I got all worked up.

I was all set to sell The Mighty Sig.

Honest.

But then a redemptive thought somehow crept into my head: "Why on earth do I think I need to do this?" And of course I couldn't really say. It makes no sense! The guitar is fantastic.

So I said no. Relax. There isn't a reason to go crazy. Settle down.

And I played the guitar on a project today, and yeah, it was wonderful. I'm so glad!

Sometimes you don't appreciate how much you like what you've got until you contemplate life without it! ;)

I'm glad you decided to keep it Les. After all the great things that you have written about "The Mighty Sig", it wouldn't seem right for you to sell her!!

I've had days like that so I can totally relate! I've let go of several of my guitars recently to make room for several new PRS I wanted to add to the collection for mixing up various flavors I didn't have previously (P22's, Swamp Ash Studio, 408MT etc.) and there was one I held off on moving even though it would raise a couple grand easy that I could have converted into yet another PRS.

I took it up to the living room a few days ago and yanked the strings since they were in serious need of changing since that guitar has some mileage to it to say the least! :D I got started cleaning and conditioning the Brazzy fretboard and immediately after stringing her back up and stretching the strings I ran her for about 10 minutes through the Kemper and I was totally back in love with it all over again! Just thinking about selling it made me cringe at the thought that I came so close to letting it go! :laugh:

I think I get this way because (a) PRSes are pretty expensive and I get the guilties, and (b) having too many guitars freaks me out.

But the fact is, I only have what I need, nothing extra. And I need that Sig!!!

What's coming in is a completely different thing (SC) and I need that for my work, too.

I love mine1 Every time I play it I feel sorry for my Cu22 semi-hollow Ltd... which is also a very nice guitar... but my Siggy just has some sort of mojo, feels right...

I think I get this way because (a) PRSes are pretty expensive and I get the guilties, and (b) having too many guitars freaks me out.

But the fact is, I only have what I need, nothing extra. And I need that Sig!!!

What's coming in is a completely different thing (SC) and I need that for my work, too.

I saw the ad on the gear page and almost said "NO, NOT THE MIGHTY SIG" but I hit the subscribe link instead.... ;)

Glad you came to your senses :D

Sounds like a classic case of temporary insanity. Of course had you put the HXDA up for sale, Doc B. would have had to make an emergency house call.

So let's see your Siggy. Y'all are probably sick of looking at mine...

Dallas-SigLtd1.JPG

Mike, I like yours a ton! Great color, and that reverse chevron top is just gorgeous.

Here's mine:

Back