I'm one of those people now...NGD

gemyneye

So many guitars, not enough time
Ok, so I posted a new guitar 594 thinline (blue) earlier, and I loved it so much! I wanted a core with everything I want to do with it. But, I don't see what I want coming any time soon to the Core lineup, so with all my OT, I got another S2 594 thinline. RED! These are awesome and almost perfect. So now I am one of those with more than one of the same model. I am going to have my blue one, my Frankenstein and have that thing modded to everything I would want the core to be. Will it change the value? Maybe. Do I care? Nope, it's for me to play and enjoy. lol
I haven't figure out all the mods I'm going to do on it. I decided the blue one will be modded, and thus far I'm having the tuners changed to locking and the bridge pickup to a \m/ pickup. Considering getting medium jumbo SS frets on it eventually, but still deciding on it. I do want higher frets though. And I do like the feel of SS, I have a Suhr with med/jumbo SS frets. I know there is always a debate on what people do with guitars and for all my core, they will stay factory because I love them all just the way they came.

If you have suggestions to "upgrade" my S2 to "core type" especially when I comes to electronics, since I know NOTHING about it, please let me know. Unless the electronics are up to par with the core? Can they be improved?

New one is the red one, old (by a couple weeks lol) if the blue one
CejxlmL.jpg
) is the Blue:
RaXqRh1.jpg
2Ykftzb.jpg

Those guys are my favorite PRS, followed closely by the SE Hollowbody. You don't have to do nuthin to those fine pieces of guitar art!

I bought my first one back in '20 .... and have been plotting to add a second (Tobacco Sunburst)

What would really make me whip out the CC (when I should be hiding them from me) ... Would be one of these puppies with P90 pickups ...

Almost a "natural" for this platform

Those guys are my favorite PRS, followed closely by the SE Hollowbody. You don't have to do nuthin to those fine pieces of guitar art!

I bought my first one back in '20 .... and have been plotting to add a second (Tobacco Sunburst)

What would really make me whip out the CC (when I should be hiding them from me) ... Would be one of these puppies with P90 pickups ...

Almost a "natural" for this platform
True true! that's why I picked one to be my Frankenstein and see what I can do to make it my own version of a PS lol.

If you add a white one, you will have the patriotic trio! Congrats on the new score!! Can't help you with the mods though as I know less than you about that stuff, and have no way to compare!!!
I don’t think it’s possible to know less than me!

Congrats on both of those they look great! Don't worry too much about having two of the same guitars, esp if you're going to mid one (sorry but I can't be any help on that either). I have 2 CU24s; one is stock and the other is a 35th anniversary - I justified the latter on the basis that the switching on the 35th gives me more options, and the pickups are tuned differently (TCId) etc etc, well that's what I tell myself anyway..... .

Enjoy.

Back